GT45 turbo?

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
I dont know but Im curious as well, my buddy tried to sell me one that he was gonna put on his civic but said it wouldnt fit in there. But I checked the A/R on the hot side and it was 1.15.:aigo: No way my 7m could spool that!:3d_frown:

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
GT45 is a vague term.... Which one with which rear housing? Gt4508 (gt45R) or a GT47 journal bearing, GT42 Journal bearing, etc etc etc?

You must also remember that the A/R is a ratio of the turbine VS the housing. You can two different housings that are 1.00 rear A/R.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Boost Lee said:
There is (are) 7M-GTE(s) that have exceeded beyond 1,000hp.

WELL beyond 1,000hp, at that.

currently?

please do show.

operative word is CURRENTLY.

The HKS 7m is not current.

And Mibrums car, well we think it did that but he has not posted on here in ages.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Mibrum posted a few months ago. He said that he was at around 1300 all boost and that he was planning on going to a Nitrous setup soon.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
figgie said:
currently?

please do show.

operative word is CURRENTLY.

The HKS 7m is not current.

And Mibrums car, well we think it did that but he has not posted on here in ages.

Please do explain why the time of occurance really matters in this particular conversation?

Whether a 7M hit 1000hp 4 years ago or 4 days ago, it's still worthy of being noted for.

Mibrum is exactly who I had in mind, FYI. The reason for mentioning the 1,000 horespower mark for the 7M was just to clarify that it hadn't been done yet, and it has.

With that being said, yes, GT45 (Which ever options included with/), is a definate quadruple digit horsepower turbo with enough FB&T. ;)

Nathan - Just wait for the 57 Trim Group Buy and stop day dreaming over dyno queen-material turbos for your stock 7M. :biglaugh:

-Jeff

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Boost Lee said:
Please do explain why the time of occurance really matters in this particular conversation?

Whether a 7M hit 1000hp 4 years ago or 4 days ago, it's still worthy of being noted for.

Mibrum is exactly who I had in mind, FYI. The reason for mentioning the 1,000 horespower mark for the 7M was just to clarify that it hadn't been done yet, and it has.

With that being said, yes, GT45 (Which ever options included with/), is a definate quadruple digit horsepower turbo with enough FB&T. ;)

Nathan - Just wait for the 57 Trim Group Buy and stop day dreaming over dyno queen-material turbos for your stock 7M. :biglaugh:

-Jeff

Simple

because after HKS did there magic.

No one. Incase you missed it here it is one more time. NO ONE has been able to replicate that feat. 10 years after the fact mind you. I know these motors CAN do it. But I have yet to see anyone flip the coin to do it.

HP is not cheap regardless of what everyone thinks.
As for Mibrum, I know he ahd power except we never saw the outcome and from talking to him, the crank was wet noodling itself to death at those levels.

1000 hp is going to cost alot of money. More than most people are willing to afford.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
figgie said:
As for Mibrum, I know he had power except we never saw the outcome and from talking to him, the crank was wet noodling itself to death at those levels.

JustAnotherVictim said:
One of the guys in europe made a 7m drag car that was supposed to be over 1000hp. Don't remember what his SN was but he is on here.

Mibrum aka Drag car in Europe ;)

Duane

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Who said 1000hp was cheap?

Speaking of, don't MKIV's come stock with 1000hp, anyway?

:biglaugh:

figgie - I'm not going to argue with you. I agree 100%, it's not an easy this to accomplish, NOR common...but the fact that it's been done is the only point i'm stressing.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
i know of someone who has a setup that can brake 1kwhp... ive seen the parts myself and the turbo is 1/2 the size of my torso. it will be done and will be able to hold traction.