GT4 Competition...if you're in it then look here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Maybe, maybe not. I don't think the other cars are slow. Not everyone is good at GT4 you know :D I'm not trying to offend people, but there's a difference from barely passing all of your license tests and beating the races of this game by using a fully tuned up car that slaughters your competition and of someone who gets all golds on everything, passes all DMs, etc.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
ekd663 said:
I think I can feel pretty safe about my time if it's lower than swaqs.

1'27.095
'97 Cerbura Speed Six.

Ha, I was right. There is a car that can beat the Griffith.:evil2:

Nice time!

Ma70.Ent said:
Maybe, maybe not. I don't think the other cars are slow. Not everyone is good at GT4 you know I'm not trying to offend people, but there's a difference from barely passing all of your license tests and beating the races of this game by using a fully tuned up car that slaughters your competition and of someone who gets all golds on everything, passes all DMs, etc.

I've got gold on all the license tests except for the Super License ones, of which I just haven't had the time yet (silver on all of those so far). I'm done most of the driving missions, including the Nissan Skyline slipstream one which is incredibly annoying.

Anyway, with teams of five driver skill of all the team members will probably matter a lot.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
swaq said:
I've got gold on all the license tests except for the Super License ones, of which I just haven't had the time yet (silver on all of those so far). I'm done most of the driving missions, including the Nissan Skyline slipstream one which is incredibly annoying.

You've done DM34? I found that one the most annoying. I thought the Skyline one wasn't too hard. It took me about 3-5 tries.

And yeah, I'm glad it's a team effort and not just a solo thing. I like the idea of having teammates which could decide if your team wins or loses.

ekd663

Nov 7, 2005
WI
I have a grand total of one gold medal in the license tests. I got sick of those stupid things back in Gran Turismo 2.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
I haev all gold(thanks Bill =P)

But I really dont care for the licenses. I can race. I know that. And thats all I care about. My car has exteme limitations in its current setup for this course. If I had a little bit more of a bugdet I would have some racing tires and dominate

ekd663

Nov 7, 2005
WI
You don't have racing tires? You need to get some, even if they're super hard. It'll help your times a lot.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
I think we should start posting less in the thread unless it has to do with posting times. There's just way too many pages to read and if we plan to keep this thread up for the whole series it would be nice to keep it a little smaller since there are some other people who don't visit as often who might want to read this.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Meh.

I cant afforfd racing tires Ekd! Ill look over my price sheet and see if there is anyitnhg i can scrap but the soft sport tires the car came with are as good as it gets... Ill see

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
I think the problem is most of the uk/ger cars are expensive to buy, thus leaving you no money for mods. Used r32's start at 14000c my M coupe which has about the same pace as a stock r32 gtr is 39000c. I would love to see a video of these >1:30 lap times to see where I'm going wrong and how its done. I wouldn't consider myself great at GT4 but if I can lap the ring in 5:40 I think I'm pretty good.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
swaq said:
Alright, I'll post mine now. I know I could shave off another half second, but I only want to spend so much time on it.

1994 TVR Griffith 500
Citta di Aria
1:28.175
wow. no joke but i acutally set the EXACT same time :aigo: it seems to be my fastest. i guess ill try some more.... :(

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
Well I have just discovered it isn't me thats the problem it this bloody BMW M Coupe my best time I can get is 1:36.536

Just bought a Griffith 500 and modded it and withing 10 mins have done a 1:29.175.

Looks like I'm stuck with this dog of a car:cry:

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
I only have 4 times....if you're submitting a time, make sure you clearly state you are and post it. I added the CryoVenom time cause it seemed like that'd be his final, but I don't know. It's 6:41 AM EST right now.

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
1:28:865 for me in the FD Rx7

Wow beat the deadline by couple minutes :)

Edit: this was nearly a perfect lap for me so either i suck or these german/uk cars are powerful:icon_bigg

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
im going to go back and play just to see if i can shave a second or 2 off because i want to match the german/uk times

Status
Not open for further replies.