Great targa weather today

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
That sucks! Mine is a sun roof, but the high temp for the week is like high
30's?(WI is only fun in the summer, unless you have snowmobiles) at least its almost spring...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
ValgeKotkas;944371 said:
Wat? You weak or something? It might be like two minutes, alone, with no problems...
Or was that sarcasm? :D I see no smilies!

Say what?!?!

I guess I've never really tried to take it off by myself for fear of the top slipping and me denting a corner or mushing the underside liner, but how exactly do you go about grabbing it?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
even my 115lb skinny ass can lift it up...

hell, I made my girlfriend take it off and put it in the trunk, to practice for when we both have time to teach her stick, and she wants to take it...

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
suprarx7nut;944521 said:
Say what?!?!

I guess I've never really tried to take it off by myself for fear of the top slipping and me denting a corner or mushing the underside liner, but how exactly do you go about grabbing it?

Weakling! :icon_razz

Takes me about 2 mins on my own :)

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
suprarx7nut;944521 said:
Say what?!?!

I usually lift up one end at each corner, and slide my hands to the center and lift.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
after I loosen the top, I stand on the door sill, and slide my hand under the middle of the front, lift up, and then lift the back end, then step down and insert it into the open trunk...

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
When I'm lazy I just lean it against the rear seats. Makes it a whole lot faster and easier then having to put it in the hatch. But thats ONLY when I'm lazy or plan to not drive with the top off for too long.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Yeah it was about 60F here on Sunday. I put ~100mi on it just driving. Left it off that night (in the garage) and took it to work the next day. I felt high i was so happy. Then the rain came... And now it's flurrying..

Yeah, the targa is just as easy to remove by yourself as everyone has said.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
LilMissMkIII;944938 said:
The worst is taking it off when the car has been in 40 degree heat for a few hours... Playing hot potato with targa is FTL

I had some nice burn lines in my hands from that :3d_frown:

Hurt like hell, but I was NOT gonna drop the targa...

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
My targa rarely gets too hot to touch. Probably has to do with living in Canada and having red paint.

Oh, and I didn't drive my car today since there was 5-6 inches of snow on the ground.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
LilMissMkIII;944938 said:
The worst is taking it off when the car has been in 40 degree C heat for a few hours... Playing hot potato with targa is FTL

Clarified that for you :)

I took my Supra out yesterday and had the top off. It was about 55. Still felt nice to have it off. It looked like it wanted to rain. But, didn't stop me from taking it off.