Goodbye SupraMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpk2012

F' LHD
Apr 4, 2005
Lubbock, Tx
Maybe I am missing something? I have not seen anything bad. Goodluck I guess...... Looks like you are gone already anyways so I do not know why I am typing this. If you have serious issues, and not just arguements even brothers/ brothers and sisters have, this is why there are buttons to reports posts.

The thing is, it takes a stand up guy/gal who wants this place to work properly to take action. If you think its not being a community, don't run away, bring light to the issues.

Mark3Supraholic

Zero State
Mar 31, 2005
California
I tend to like this community better than most if not all the other forums out there. People leaving due to their pride or feelings getting hurt is entirely up to them. I come in periodically mostly off topic just to see what's going on. In the OT section, everyone talks about just random stuff and it's more open to discussion. I check out the other sections too every now and then, and I think it's safe to say that be careful what you say, how you say it, and who you say it too. I am sure I'm not the only one, but cmon', my Supra doesn't even RUN anymore. Its motor is probably shot to hell now, but I still love it. I don't like ricer wings either, but if you like it, then that's all that matters. Roll with the punches, and shift the momentum in your favor. I've been caught flaming a loong time ago about some drifting post. I knew somone who died while riding shotgun. I took alot of heat for that one, but drifting is what it is and it remains popular because of it. I don't nearly hate it as much as I used to since it was probably me just looking for something to blame for an untimely death. But insult me and my car(s) all you want, I KNOW that everyone has done something stupid at least once in their lives. Good luck esc in your endeavors. Maybe someday you'll be back. Maybe you won't. It's your life.

"Die trying and never say die."

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
Pinnaples taste good..

Ohh sorry to hear your leaving, 1 week till I purchas a new car... My offer stands for your supe esc :) sorry to hear your leaving... I dont let internet BS piss me off lol but later on I guess.

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
Hmm on a slight aside, I am beginning to notice that there are a lot of people who visit here just for the OT. Even more seem to use SupraForums as a main forum and this one as a backup? I just want to say that this site is the only Supra forum I frequent. Supraforums seems too immature for me. At any rate, I realize I am leaving myself open to flaming, but I am genuinely surprised at how few people apparently realise what a goldmine this site is.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
Anomili said:
Hmm on a slight aside, I am beginning to notice that there are a lot of people who visit here just for the OT. Even more seem to use SupraForums as a main forum and this one as a backup? I just want to say that this site is the only Supra forum I frequent. Supraforums seems too immature for me. At any rate, I realize I am leaving myself open to flaming, but I am genuinely surprised at how few people apparently realise what a goldmine this site is.

IM guilty of this myself... but I dont goto supraforums .... eveny once in awhile to see if any new guys in my town signed up there...

But here im only in the offtopic... I think the old supramania looked alot better and now it just looks blah.... Home made look and I just dont care for it 1 bit... but thats just meh... since the hack I havnt felt at home.

ANother reason I stay in offtopic since after the hack.. My supra is down and out and has been for a year or so so I have no usefull info/mods to post that havnt already been posted.

I rather like the community alot, I dont think anybody has a problem with me nor do I really care.. its the internet im more mature then that even tho somtimes I dont act it.

If there wasnt a keyboard and a monitor infront of 90% of the people here there would be NO FIGHTS, but guess what.... Never gonna happen.. its the internet and its gonna happen everywhere no matter what the community is like... and I agree with Bert on 1 thing.. Somtimes the mods (not saying names) dont seem professional.... not saying all hell I cant even recall any names MYSELF but still I do recall seeing some non prosessionalism, but hell it is a community and everybody deserves to have a little fun.

But myself I feel the Mods powers were just handed out like candy when this new forum was started.. I just dont feel at home anymore :(

I could stop posting everywhere I do post at and it wouldnt matter to me id get on with my life :)

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Funny, I feel the opposite of you. With this new forum I finally feel at home. I love it. And as far as the mods go, I think they've done a fine job. I think a level of maturity is needed in order to dictate what others should or shouldn't be doing. But in this environment I just don't see the level of professionalism you’re talking about as necessary. But that’s just me. So our mods my like to joke around every now and then. It's usually in good humor, and I get a laugh out of it. I don't feel like the Gestapo are ruling this forum like they do over at SF. It's pretty laid back here, and I feel pretty relaxed, like I'm with friends(of course most my friends love to hate each other, so little scrapes don't really bother me).

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
To be honest, most of the reason why I feel the need to leave is because of one simple thing. I have put countless amounts of money and time and busting ass into my car, I put one thing on it (the wing) and I have had numerous people on this board give me shit about it. Over 10 grand into the car but the wing is "ricey" Not that I really care what other people think about the way my car looks (if I did I wouldn't have put the wing on the car), but I'm sick and tired of having people say shit about it and make rude comments. It's disrespectful and completely out of line. You don't like one modification I did to my car? Get over it, key words in previous sentence: "my car" Now if I had all kinds of body kit that didn't fit and spray paint and a 12" cardboard wing I'd understand. But, just the lack of respect has turned me off here.

Example...Lamarossa: he's a good guy. Grant it I don't exactly agree with his modifications, I know he has put a hell of a lot of work and time into his car. I don't give him shit for it because I respect the fact that it's his car and he's at least trying to do it "right" and not half ass. But, alas other people don't see it this way and give him shit because of his entire car.

And if anyone wants to bring up the post about the 7MGE Supra with the white body kit and red interior and my reply....that's just a half ass done Supra that wasn't even done right (as far as installing the kit and the tail lights and everything else).

Anyways, done with my ranting.

rpk2012

F' LHD
Apr 4, 2005
Lubbock, Tx
See, now we are getting somewhere hehe. I hope you change your mind and stay....

I see your car every post you make with your sig enabled and I always saw a nice car, the wing never jumped out and said "Hey look at me." I think your car is nice.

Now, I am going out of bounds with what I am going to say because I did not see the thread/PM's, and posts that were against you, but I think that it is a possibility that someone was joking around with you, and some of the younger folks that feel they need to fit in take the post seriously and then its a full on keyboard war against your wing.

I would, if I were you, just shrug it off. Like you said it is YOUR car, and you like it. A quick example of what happened to me. I took some pictures of my newer 89 Targa that I had just purchased and not even picked up yet, well I posted them and just about every other post the first word in peoples posts were, "You should clean that car." I felt like telling them to haul themselves down here in mid winter and wash it themselves if they were that concerned with it.

Again, sorry for your bad interactions here, and sorry to ramble on and on, and on.

Milenko

Mar 31, 2005
Mifflinville, PA
So what's the big deal man? You said you don't care what other people think about your car, cause it's your car. So why are your panties all tied up in a bunch about it?

In my opinion, that wing doesn't fit the car at all. But it's just my opinion. Just like it's just your car. I don't give a crap what you do to your car, so you shouldn't pay attention to what I think about it either.

It's no reason to get all upset and cause all kinds of drama. If you wanna leave, just leave - no need to start a thread about it. However, I suggest you grow a set and do your thing to your car and stop worrying about other people.

-Milly

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
..I typed what I typed to make you think about your actions - not to criticize you or your car. You have to admit - if everyone wants your car "except I'd take the wing off the back", and that is the only thing they'd do to change it, you are doing very well. People's tastes are different.

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
drunk_medic said:
..I typed what I typed to make you think about your actions - not to criticize you or your car. You have to admit - if everyone wants your car "except I'd take the wing off the back", and that is the only thing they'd do to change it, you are doing very well. People's tastes are different.

What he says is true most people like the camero lip on my car but some people dont its all up too what you think about your car not anyone else.

L

lanky189

sheesh..everybody calm down..
Tony I am mod in the Kill Section... is there something that needs my attention?

The kill section will always have its bickering threads...i check it out to be sure it stays peaceful...

ESC..you have a 1jz... you could put 8 spoilers on your car it would still haul more ass than most of the 7m's here..... if i were you, in response to something like that little flame starting comment i would just respond with "7mgte says what?...7mgte says whaT?"\

Drunk Medic, is it really necessary to try and make people think about things completely unrelated to the topic a thread..and then to include someone's mother and use such attitude in a post? bad ideas man.... we're all brothers in supra-hood here...

as my redneck friends would say..

throw another tire on the fire, take a sip from the jar, pass it to you're to pal and have a good time...

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
It really doesn't matter at all what other people think. If you do anything to your car then ask for an opinion your going to get people who hate what you've done. The internet has seen to it that insecure "bullies" can really flame you without any fear of repercussions. I myself once had my account on Supraforums disabled because of a small argument I had with a SF mod on this forum. Honestly, this is the most mature car forum I have come across and I really think it would be a bad idea to turn your back on it. It's the internet, get used to it, but there is no need to leave the community because someone doesn’t like your wing.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
lanky189 said:
sheesh..everybody calm down..
Drunk Medic, is it really necessary to try and make people think about things completely unrelated to the topic a thread..and then to include someone's mother and use such attitude in a post? bad ideas man.... we're all brothers in supra-hood here...

as my redneck friends would say..

throw another tire on the fire, take a sip from the jar, pass it to you're to pal and have a good time...

Aww..MAN! See, I wasn't using the mother card to insult - I was using it as more of a "listen to your momma's advice, 'cause it's good!" The internet sucks - there's no way to tell the intent of someone's post sometimes, and things can be taken the wrong way SO easily!

Status
Not open for further replies.