Good camshaft for NA power increase? Thinkin of goin all motor...

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Where can I find a good set of upgraded cams for my NA? Also what set are the best? Id like to get a lil bit more power from my NA and with my firebird I knew how to take that sucker up alot with all motor, with this car I never looked into it bc I always wanted to go turbo, if I dont, I though start with cams since I already have intake, cat back and small crap like that.

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
good luck. all motor with the 7m is hard to do. but re-grinds are popular from crower usually thats where i got mine. the highest you can go with an N/A motor i believe is 244 duration. there fun and nice but kind of a bitch sometimes. (usually when the motor is cold) thats how they are with my car. but im going turbo finally(3 more parts and im good to go) just my .02

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
well I jsut wanna have some NA fun for now, Ill go turbo later. How much has someone gotten from an NA 7mGE anyways? Also how much is that regrind from Crower and is it worth it?

Honestly Im only lookin for 250 - 300bhp

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
GTE Cams botled to a GTE with a CT26 will give you much more power than any set of NA cams on their own ;)

There is little aftermarket gear for the NA motor so hp per $ is a joke sorry.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
IJ. said:
GTE Cams botled to a GTE with a CT26 will give you much more power than any set of NA cams on their own ;)

I was waiting for you to chime in... alright I guess Ill get back on GTE track... possibly but for now Ill work on my cosmetic area first, Im still getting the nitrous for her though, thatll do the 275hp trick :)

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
ok I read on that page you linked me to about an AFM mod, I guess its talking about adjusting the spring, but the link to how is DEAD, any other places that explain this mod bc Im running rich currently and Id like to tune this, thanks guys.

Also whats a good price efficient AFR gauge?

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Doesn't Wiseco have a 10.5:1 CR N/A piston for the 7M?

That + lots of head work + intake + header + some wild cams, spinning 8000rpm, would be a sight to see :D

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
IJ. said:

I agree. It's like building up a NA honda...Cost a lot of money and nowhere near as much horsepower as a turbo would give you.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
foreverpsycotic said:
if its working good, dont f*ck with it :) thats my only advice on that piece.

Im running rich as hell, Id like to tune my fuel system out a litttle bit, I dont know how else to do this and its annoying me.

Yeah I guess Ill just do a few things on my list to the car for now and work with my giggle gas

Injector O Rings
Timing
Hoses
Motor Mount
NGK Plugs and Wires
Clutch
Replace exhaust to 2.5" set up
Install Cat
Heat Wrap manifold
Intake Pipe
Charcoal Canister Removal
PCV Removal
EGR Vac line plug
Apexi SAFC NEO
Oil pressure gauge
Water Temp Gauge
Alpine Blackbird Navi (cheap from work)

thats in no particular order BTW

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
AF1JZ said:
I agree. It's like building up a NA honda...Cost a lot of money and nowhere near as much horsepower as a turbo would give you.

Yeah but the difference with the Honda is that there wasn't a more powerful and superior platform for modding turbo model already offered.

An all motor Supra build makes as much sense to me as the Supercharged Supra idea. Why bother when there's already a factory turbo model offered? Spend less money, have less downtime, use way more bolt on/off the shelf parts, make more power, spend more time actually driving the car.

But that's just my belief...