Good camshaft for NA power increase? Thinkin of goin all motor...

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
if you are gonna be spraying, i would look into a 3 in setup. and if you want to tune it, pick up a piggyback such as an afc or maft unit.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
foreverpsycotic said:
if you are gonna be spraying, i would look into a 3 in setup. and if you want to tune it, pick up a piggyback such as an afc or maft unit.

Im already on a 3" setup actually, just no cat and without spraying I have barely anything for low end power, it really bums me down, I at least want a cat converter back on there.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
OneJoeZee said:
Yeah but the difference with the Honda is that there wasn't a more powerful and superior platform for modding turbo model already offered.

I was just giving a generic example. I totally agree with the turbo model offered. A big build on any NA to make it faster when keeping it NA is very costly.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
phoenix6 said:
Im already on a 3" setup actually, just no cat and without spraying I have barely anything for low end power, it really bums me down, I at least want a cat converter back on there.

have you installed headers yet?

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
A friend did a very high copression GE motor back in the late 90s. IIRC, he was a touch over 300 to the wheels. THis is regrinds, heavily ported head, big valves, standalone, everything just short of juice.

A stock turbo'ed car at 12psi would come close to hanging with that.

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
phoenix6 said:
well I jsut wanna have some NA fun for now, Ill go turbo later. How much has someone gotten from an NA 7mGE anyways? Also how much is that regrind from Crower and is it worth it?

Honestly Im only lookin for 250 - 300bhp
I made 260 with my wastegate spring out.. about two months ago

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Looking at the N/A section stickies might give you some good info.

Actually, almost ALL of your questions are answered somewhere in the N/A section.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
If you want to build an NA just for the hell of it, then do it. Everyone chiming in about the turbo option forgets that sometimes people just want to do something just to do it. Regrind your stock na cams, you won't like the way turbo cams run in a NA car. You can get pistons made in any C/R you want for not much more money than off the shelf pistons.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
but he wants to go turbo in the future, so most of the N/A mods won't carry over very well (cam profiles are different, high compression pistons aren't too smart, ect...)

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Poodles said:
but he wants to go turbo in the future, so most of the N/A mods won't carry over very well (cam profiles are different, high compression pistons aren't too smart, ect...)

Youre both right, I want to do the NA for the hell of it.. when I do turbo, itllbe all ALL OUT new shit, 1JZ or if I get crazy enough a 2JZ which is about a year or so from now. Right now Im playing with Ideas...