Getting sued for $125,000

rpk2012

F' LHD
Apr 4, 2005
Lubbock, Tx
IJ. said:
As far as I can tell going by the news and TV in general Australia is the best place in the world to live!

But I hear modified cars are not looked highly upon.... All upgrades have to be enginer Certified, or am I wrong... I hope the later.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
The 15 year clause thing in Canada is looking pretty sweet, My garage would be filled with cars illegal to these roads.
I would love to visit Australia some day. Seems like a great place.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
billspreston01 said:
The insurance doesn't want to cover it because I only had the car for 4 days and didn't have a chance to call them and get coverage. They DO however cover new cars for 30 days...which means it would be covered.

That's interesting, here, you have to have proof of insurance before you can register a car. I just call up my insurance company and say, I want to insure X car with X VIN, then they fax me an insurance slip, and I go and register it.

I wouldn't be caught dead driving without insurance. (If you get pulled over here without insurance, you're looking at about a $2800 ticket, plus the car is impounded.)

Sucks man, I hope it all works out, I rear ended some guy last year, he was fine, was gonna pay to fix his car, everything was good, but then a week later, the passenger claimed he was injured... umm.. okay. I just let my insurance take care of it after that.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
$2800 fine, OMG.. It is 2 tickets here. One for not having proof of insurance on you ($100) and then if you did not actually have insurance at the time. Add ($400) +-

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Jeff Lange said:
That's interesting, here, you have to have proof of insurance before you can register a car. I just call up my insurance company and say, I want to insure X car with X VIN, then they fax me an insurance slip, and I go and register it.

I wouldn't be caught dead driving without insurance. (If you get pulled over here without insurance, you're looking at about a $2800 ticket, plus the car is impounded.)

Sucks man, I hope it all works out, I rear ended some guy last year, he was fine, was gonna pay to fix his car, everything was good, but then a week later, the passenger claimed he was injured... umm.. okay. I just let my insurance take care of it after that.
5000 minimum fine here and you get 2 other tickets in Ontario.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
One time I got pulled over doing 91 in a 60 and left my wallet at school, containing ALL my ID. I got a ticket for the speeding, 3 pts, but all i had to do to remove the tickets for the insurrance was show my proof of insurrance/ownership within 48 hrs to the police.
eric

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Well... I own 3 AK-47s, a FN FAL, 3 AR-15s, a HK-91, dozens of handguns, dozens of rifles. Think I'll have any problems bringing those down there? haha

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
To my understanding and it may not be correct because it was about 3am that i acquired this knowledge from a worker at a 24 hour Wal-Mart. But at 18, you can buy a shotgun but not shotgun shells. You can't buy a handgun, but you can buy handgun ammunition. I find it funny although it sounds like its wrong.

I also read about a state law that was listed on a bunch of sites like that. In Alabama, it's legal to beat your wife once a month.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
dcrusupra87 said:
To my understanding and it may not be correct because it was about 3am that i acquired this knowledge from a worker at a 24 hour Wal-Mart. But at 18, you can buy a shotgun but not shotgun shells. You can't buy a handgun, but you can buy handgun ammunition. I find it funny although it sounds like its wrong.

I guess the lesson there is not to listen to walmart employees. haha

18 for rifles/shotguns and the respective ammo
21 for handguns and the respective ammo.