Gauging Interest : Godfather Fender Flares Replica

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Hi guys,

Next year I will be offering Godfather Fender Flares replicas.
Will get the molds done in the holidays and pop out the first few.

I have also hired a reliable person to help me with my work so I would be able to keep up if not speed things up more with my current products.

My new years goal for my business here is to:

1/. Provide more better quality products
2/. Faster shipping
3/. Increase my product line
4/. Provide more Carbon fiber products.

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
Can someone post a pic of what the Godfather Fender Flares look like. They sound like they could look nice, so I'm defenitly interested

tte

Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
I will determine the pricing and let you all know...have to work out the mold costs, material and labor on it

Cheers,
roy

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
a few pics of my origional set :icon_bigg

p98517_1.jpg

p98517_2.jpg

p98517_3.jpg

p98517_4.jpg

p98517_5.jpg

p98517_6.jpg

p98517_7.jpg

hope that helps :icon_bigg

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
glassed. i was a bit bummed when i didnt see mounting holes and realized they needed to be glassed. had i had the time to mount them i would have moulded them in anyways so in the long run i was indifferent. on a side note, if you notice a gap between my trim and the flare, the flares are ment to fit on 89+ mouldings. i had an 87 when i took these. a dirty 87 on jack stands to be exact... :biglaugh:

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
cwapface said:
this is my question: If wheels with x offset are perfectly flush with stock fenders, then wheels with x-y offset are flush with godfather fender flares. Solve for X and Y lol.

i think the wheels would sit in a little bit as the flares give you about another 1/2" or so iirc. Roy can probably take a few better shots than mine and show you how much it gives. i was bitter about needing new wheels to make it perfectly flush myself, as i had owned the wheels that were on the car for all of a week :biglaugh:

tte

Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Thanks for the pics John.

Yeah I will mount them on my car with double sided tape to take pics for the guys and do some measurements.

How are flares on other cars mounted? Screwed on? I think it would be better if it is bolted or screw on...that way you can remove it wheneer you want to and plus i know not all everybody has fiberglass knowledge. It needs to be mounted in the simplest way so that the dumbest guy can mount it easily....(not insulting anyone)...

I will have to make another set of molds for the pre 89 cars.

Cheers,
Roy

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
I'm definitely in tte. May sound dumb, but do we need to mould these to the fenders so that they flow even with the rest of the fender. Good thing I replaced my mouldings with 89+.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
tte said:
the dumbest guy can mount it easily

im one of those! :weak:

thats an awesome idea, making a set for the pre 89 guys! i hope you find a better system of mounting them. even though im still cool with glassing a set on my car. or at least i WOULD be if i still owned one :biglaugh:

tte

Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Hmmm looking at those pics yes it would look better if the flares matches the curve on the fender. If people like that better I might have to build a prototype and modify it so its matches better.
Anyone got any pics of the flares on the car with it all finished...interested to see how it looks after everything is done.

Cheers,
Roy

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
tubbie said:
Here's an old pic... Most of you know who's car this is....

I LOVE THAT CAR......

and those fenders just make the car look BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!

TTE, I am TOTALLY in for this! I know your quality and know your skill!
( I would love to have a set, ESPECIALLY for us PRE 89' guys)

-Jonathan