found a 85 corolla

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
How fail of you.

Anyway, i vote stick with the 4A-GE if you want to stay with 4-cyls, but consider using the bottom end off a 7A-FE (1.8 litres!) with the GE head...

If you go 6-cyl, go for a 7M-GTE or 1G-GTE (more in keeping with the age of the car)

If you want to go V8 - then the 1/2/3UZ should squeeze in there nicely :D

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Kai said:
N00b you really should think before you speak....a v12 is far too large to squeeze in there - even an I6 is a tight fit. Plus, where are you going to find the 1GZ from the Toyota Century??

if an Inline 6 can fit, im pretty sure a V12 can fit...

you forget most V engines are shorter than most inlines...

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Er - a V12 will be larger than an I6 you realise, both in terms of width (head clearance to strut towers) and the fact that the banks are staggered....a 1GZ would NOT fit in there.

It's pointless to argue over, i know, but it was a dumb original suggestion that should have been labelled as such...

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
IMO sticking an I6 in there, even as small as a 1G, is going to fuck up the way the car handles... would definitely stick with a 4 banger, even if you go outside of Toyota and throw a Sr20 or CA18 in it or whatever...

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Never having seen a 1GZ-FE before in real life, but knowing some information about it, it would be about as wide as a typical Toyota V8, and about as long as the 2JZ.

It might fit in an AE86, but it would require some major modifications, but like has been said many a time before, anything can be done with enough time and/or money.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
the f20c would be a nice swap.. the near same specs of the ae101 20v engine. you know the takumi one. a s2k motor would be sick. plus is a honda engine which equals reliable and can take a major beating.

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
I have a 85 sr5 4ac powered and i love it currently rebuilding it to be a DD mine is gonna stay automatic and stock :) fun cars for what they are

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I've driven the gts and the sr5.. the 4ac is very small makes engine swaps easy since I can pick the whole thing up.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
You can fit pretty much any common engine in there. From a 4 cyl to v12 with not too many issues other then the front rad support & a few other things we had to do to be able to fit the 7MGTE.

realxlai

Sep 24, 2008
alexandria va
bump

I have been looking around on club4ag to find more info about a 7m swap into an 86 corolla with no luck. With that being said my search has brought me here ;).

Does anyone know what modifications need to be done with the motor mounts?
I read they needed to be rewelded and moved but by how much?
Also what modifications need to be done to the firewall for the R154 to fit?

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
You would be better off posting this in the "other cars" section. Not only will you get more responses you will avoid the mods fiery wrath.