For All you FFIM Wantees'

threedguru

Self Proclaimed Mechanic
Jun 26, 2007
Texas
discussing with a mod is a good idea. NO SELLS WILL BE DONE UNTIL THEN!!!!!

On a side note im gettin solidworks to get the design down to a tee

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
im not really looking for something that flows all that much better then the stocker, it would be nice, but i just want the throttle body facing forward so i can have simple intercooler piping and a nice big front mount.

i dont want worse, better flow is always a plus but in the end i just want the TB facing foward.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
my concerns would be the bolts in the manifold. potential boost leak. id rather a weld on base and flange the tbody. a little unsure about the extreme angle the throttle body is mounted as well.
also, how in the hell do you bolt it on with it welded together? thru the tbody hole?
would like to see some flow numbers to see how it does.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
From the pictures it looks like a, well, bad design.

The FFIM should be one the last mods you do to your car. And then only if you can afford to leave some grunt on the table. Even with the longer intercooler routing.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
marlonvip said:
Its not very pretty though:3d_frown:

its for serious race engines where nothing is pretty :rofl:

seriously though, when i saw the tms celica nothing was pretty under the shell... but man that car was fast....

threedguru

Self Proclaimed Mechanic
Jun 26, 2007
Texas
Nick M said:
From the pictures it looks like a, well, bad design.

The FFIM should be one the last mods you do to your car. And then only if you can afford to leave some grunt on the table. Even with the longer intercooler routing.

and since when were you a mechanical engineer?

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
Or you can do it this way....
My%20supra%20manifold.JPG

tub-VaamRwgEngine-DSC_6790.JPG

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
I forgot what gauge thickness it was. He made it for me almost 2 year ago.

He used a tig welder for it all.

IJ, I'll take some more pics of it and send them to you. I have one about to be installed on my brother's supra.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Someone asked him for more info and he said he'd send it to them...(Edit: Bah he deleted his post)

Far from whoring yet. there's alot of people here who have made FFIM's and have much experiance with them already that you can learn alot from.

Last edited:

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
threedguru said:
and since when were you a mechanical engineer?

:squirt-mo since now:doublebir its his opinion and commonly agreed throughout the forum as its been discussed :)

assume he is you are coming off as pretty rude especially to someone who has been here a while and helped many people

threedguru

Self Proclaimed Mechanic
Jun 26, 2007
Texas
tlo86 said:
:squirt-mo since now:doublebir its his opinion and commonly agreed throughout the forum as its been discussed :)

assume he is you are coming off as pretty rude especially to someone who has been here a while and helped many people

point taken but its not constructive criticism, just plain rude on his part

EDIT: im not tryin to be rude its just im used to the asshats on Dallas-Imports and Houston-Imports. I apologize for any judgments i
made

On a side not lets all have some FFIM fun!!!!!!!!

Last edited: