FINALLY - Especially for JMDigital - LilMissMkIII's Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Not much of an update...

But the Silver NA MkIII I was going to buy was sold out from underneath me... NOT HAPPY at all, had arranged a car trailer and everything to go and pick it up.

With mine, the interior is slowly going back in... Back seats look INCREDIBLE!!!!!! :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

Had a chat to a few really old-school mechanics, and it seems as though the miss is due to my tuner not adjusting the TPS... Will investigate this throughout the week when/if I get time (I am studying for a big exam, and also completely parting out the JZZ30 Soarer, so time is hard to come by :()

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Sooooooooooooo

Sam just went to fix up my breather lines to put on my new catch can, and the oil is milky.

:icon_evil:icon_evil:icon_evil:icon_evil:icon_evil:icon_evil

Have her booked in for the 27th at a different shop to do a leak down test and double check all the mods that ESP did a few weeks ago.

We are thinking that the head blew on tuning, because the mechanic didn't bleed the system properly. The (possible) BHG may be due to the coolant they used... Does anyone know if Nulon eats gaskets???

I am so incredibly upset at the moment :(:(:(:(

If the head is blown, she will be getting an MHG, ARP studs, new gasket kit, machining, etc etc... It will be done right.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Sorry to hear that Kristel, but I commend your efforts to make this car better than it was meant to be. Good luck with the upcoming garage appointment and it won't hurt to have a mhg installed either way.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
It just shits me because we have done everything properly to maintain her and avoid this occuring!!!!

AND, we specifically told the shop to bleed her PROPERLY and also supplied them with Toyota Red coolant, which they didn't use!

GRRR!

In the 2 and a half years I have had her, I have hardly had any issues at all, and I finally get the cash together for these mods, and everything falls apart! :(

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
i have the red coolant in my 1jz and i have used the green valvoline coolant in my 7m and havent had any dramas with either, why is toyota red reccomended?.
Ive also pulled down a 7m that had done 275,000klms and it only ever had green budget grade coolant and dodgy oils and its still had zero corrosion or cylinder wear.Just a bhg.
Why i say this is dont blame dodgy coolant for a bhg, itd have to be really shit quality to hurt anything.
Not bleeding the coolant system could if it got a bad case of air bubbles and overheated.Youll be able to tell if you pull the head and its buckled.The uneven heat will buckle it noticeably.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Thanks for you input mate.

We will not be touching the engine bay AT ALL until it goes to the other mechanic on the 27th. It will remain as it came back from the other shop, so he can properly evaluate what they did and whether or not it has caused this issue. Once pulled down, I will be there, camera in hand, to assess them damage and put in place a plan of action.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Wow sad to hear the news Kristel, but good to hear you will be fixing it up and it will be meaner than ever

Must be something in the air for bad news at the moment

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Yep. Seems a fair few of us are in the same or similar situations at the moment... :nono:

In good news though, my newly covered seats are in, with just the driver's seat to go... Looks so damn hot!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :boobies: :love: :boobies: :love: :boobies: :love: :boobies: :love: :boobies:

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Sooooooooo........

Been awhile! (And an interesting few months!)

Coming weeks should have some more updates with pics....

We will start tearing her down this weekend... Check damage, and if internally everything is still ok, it's off to the machinist, and then back to us for a Titan 2mm hg and ARPs (if you know where I can get some from at a decent price, pls let me know).

From there, game plan is for a new manifold, turbo, and tune by March 1st, with the hopes I may win a trophy for highest hp MkIII at a Supra Club dyno day coming up...

Interior-wise, the driver's seat is just about done, and I have 2sqm of black leatherette to retrim the centre console, parking brake, front door inserts and rear trims. I also have a few metric Prosport gauges (Thanks Tubbie!) to go in.

This time round, I am half-expecting things to go wrong and not make it to the dyno day, but i kinda think I have had enough issues since owning her, and it is about time something went right! If she isn't done in time for that, then she will HAVE to be ready for Toyota Nationals the Easter long weekend...

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Lil miss i have a titon 2.0mm metal headgasket i bought new and put on a 7mge that i used for a couple of months as a daily. I dont use that motor anymore, i suppose i could pull the head and sell you that cheap if you wanted? It'd just need the black coating that they come with cleaned off with a bit of throttle body cleaner or something like that and then re coated with hylomar or copperspray before fitting? Let me know and ill pull the head !
Pm me for price>

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Thanks mate, but I already have the Titan 2mm... picked it up dirt cheap months ago on Toymods :) Never thought I would need it this soon, but oh well!

What I am chasing is somewhere to buy the ARPs for a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.