FINALLY - Especially for JMDigital - LilMissMkIII's Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
We have lots of nice twisty roads :D

I haven't read enough about Texas to draw a comparison, but Toyota Nationals is basically a drinking and car fest... We book out an entire hotel for the Easter long weekend, and drink ourselves silly on Friday night... Saturday is the show n shine, and Sunday will be a motorkhana event (in the past, it has been drags at the air strip, but council said no to that this year)...

4 weeks to go to get my car in tip-top shape...

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Ok, so I have found the time (yay for public holidays!!!!)

Here are the pics from 2 weeks ago:

Recovered console: (Also did the same with the handbrake cover)
p950605_1.jpg

Shoddy pic of the repaint:
p950605_2.jpg

Wish I had some better pics... But it looks brand new now... A bazillion times better than it did!

No pics yet of the switch, as we haven't decided where to mount it yet...

Also found out that my odometer was rolled back :(
p950605_3.jpg

(I bought the car with 81,000kms on it... This service sticker begs to differ :( :( :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, less than 2 weeks to go till Toyota Nationals, we have a few things left to do...

- New IC piping
- Polishing up the engine bay
- New radiator
- Guages (Boost, oil pressure, and water temp)

Water temp guage:

p950605_4.jpg

Unfortunately, we have had some issues with the stock guages of late, and once we have the new IC piping, radiator, and exhaust, we will be winding the boost up a little bit, so think it's best we have some new, reliable guages.

We will be mounting the guages where the climate control currently is, and moving the climate control to just above the glove box...

Fingers crossed all goes to plan... Only 11 days to go!

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
Nice progress. :icon_bigg

Holidays are great, I've got a couple of days coming to me soon, and my car needs the attention.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Thanks Vonda :)

Yay for holidays! I don't have any days off, except for the public holidays over the Easter long weekend... We will be having to do all this at night for the next 9 days...

Tonight we will be polishing up some stuff in the engine bay, and Sam will be starting on moving the climate control so we can get the guages in this weekend (hopefully!) :)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Ian, I don't know if you guys have Bugs Bunny over there, but one of my favorite cartoons tells Bugs to "shut up, shutting up!!", and I'm pretty sure this applies to you.

If you've never seen it, you won't understand.......if you have then it's self explanatory.

Keep up the good work Kristel.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Where are my boobies? Two whole days in here and no boobies. This saddens me greatly. Has Jake's build really got you feeling that bad? Nothing makes you feel better than posting up newd's or happy dances.........it's your choice.............:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.