FINALLY bought some wheels. Yes!

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Thanks for all the replies guys. I started out trying to order a different set but every two weeks they were another two weeks out. After a month and a half I started to get really frustrated with it. I decided to get new wheels, it only took another month to settle with these. I think it was defiantly worth the wait :)

Nick, I think Stern may have changed a bit from when you knew them, they are owned by ADR now, but I assure everyone I did not buy these from ebay, and the 18x95 are NOT near as cheap as you can find smaller ones on ebay :)

They're still great quality though, and they were the favorite I could find, even out of more expensive brands, etc. I definably like the fact they're not the most common wheels on the mk3 :)

89Turbo said:
nice Tanabe....and nice wheels man

Thanks man, I absolutely love it :)

Apr 1, 2005
WA
after checking the available sizes on ADR's website, it seems your rears are a 35mm offset. do they rub at all? looks like they might over big bumps. a little fender rolling could fix that if they do.

i ask because im putting together a wheel offset guide for the mk3 and your rears fall just outside my current limit for a 9.5" wheel. if im wrong, i'll need to do a little tweeking. thanks.

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
Great looking wheels! Nice tanabe. I haven't seen many supra's running the SHM. Got any sound clips of it on the 7m? Sounds great on my 1j :D

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
Justin said:
Thanks for all the replies guys. I started out trying to order a different set but every two weeks they were another two weeks out. After a month and a half I started to get really frustrated with it. I decided to get new wheels, it only took another month to settle with these. I think it was defiantly worth the wait :)

Nick, I think Stern may have changed a bit from when you knew them, they are owned by ADR now, but I assure everyone I did not buy these from ebay, and the 18x95 are NOT near as cheap as you can find smaller ones on ebay :)

They're still great quality though, and they were the favorite I could find, even out of more expensive brands, etc. I definably like the fact they're not the most common wheels on the mk3 :)

Thanks man, I absolutely love it :)

How much are those tires worth if you don't mind me asking?

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
Nice Rims man

I'm also intrested in a sound clip of the SHM & some more angles of it.

I still don't know which system to go with when I get my car rebuilt. It is a toss up between the RSR, Tanabe, or If I have enough $$ the Bic Thunder.

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
SupraJDS said:
Nice Rims man

I still don't know which system to go with when I get my car rebuilt. It is a toss up between the RSR, Tanabe, or If I have enough $$ the Bic Thunder.

Here's a couple on my car:

http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10006161024jw6.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10006221024kg3.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10004351024gi5.jpg

I'm really interested in a sound clip of it on a 7m though!

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
screaminglemon said:
after checking the available sizes on ADR's website, it seems your rears are a 35mm offset. do they rub at all? looks like they might over big bumps. a little fender rolling could fix that if they do.

i ask because im putting together a wheel offset guide for the mk3 and your rears fall just outside my current limit for a 9.5" wheel. if im wrong, i'll need to do a little tweeking. thanks.

That could be, I have not had time to jack the car up and check the wheel... all the markings are on the inside. So far I have not had any issues, I've done some pretty hard launches in the past day ;) I try and avoid big bumps, but I've hit a few. Again, no issues yet.

A co-worker is going to get a fender roller, so I think I will do it just to be safe, its awfully close. Looks killer :D

masterchief819 said:
Great looking wheels! Nice tanabe. I haven't seen many supra's running the SHM. Got any sound clips of it on the 7m? Sounds great on my 1j :D

I have made one clip, but its 100MB, my camera seems to like to make short video's HUGE. I suppose I can send it to people on an individual basis....

Supra469 said:
Very nice mesh wheels.

Can we see some more pics of your Tananbe also, the SMH. Thanks. :icon_bigg

You bet, I'm on my laptop in bed right now, I'll post some later tomorrow if I get around to it :)

cbutler said:
How much are those tires worth if you don't mind me asking?

I think I paid less than this, but I'm pretty sure they've got the cheapest price. I paid for the tires when I first ordered the wheels months ago. I think they went up.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=BFGoodrich&model=g-Force+T/A+KDW+2

SupraJDS said:
Nice Rims man

Thanks.

I am INCREDIBLY happy with it. I traded a custom setup for it... I originally had 3" back, with a glass pack. It was very loud. Then I cut off the tips and had an HKS Carbon Ti put on the pipe. It quieted it down alot and sounded really nice but then I had an offer to just swap straight across for the Tanabe.

I'm really glad I did, Its very quiet, but I think it sounds badass when I get on it. If you're after a loud exhaust this is defiantly not the right one for you, but if you want something that's really really calm, then consider the Tanabe :)
mattgo said:
nice, I like em.

Thanks man!

bobiseverywhere said:
very nice wheels.

and Actually

ADR Wheels
Stern Wheels
RSL Wheels
and Nitro for Trucks and SUV's

Are all owned by Golden Apple Corp.

http://www.1goldenapple.com/about.php

http://www.1goldenapple.com/

DuH!! I knew that, I was on their site trying to figure out which ones I wanted :) As far as quality goes, so far I don't think I could be happier.

ON a side note, can someone please install the package that will allow the multi-quote option. Please :)

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Justin i only wanted to point that out cause i did not know where you were looking at your wheels. There are many other brands out there that are owned by large brands like Work and i think Racing hart and well other big names that run and make other wheels under a different name

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
bobiseverywhere said:
Justin i only wanted to point that out cause i did not know where you were looking at your wheels. There are many other brands out there that are owned by large brands like Work and i think Racing hart and well other big names that run and make other wheels under a different name

yah, I can't believe I had forgotten that, I was on their website constantly :p I totally spaced it, thanks for the reminder ;)