fastest 7mgte

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
I see :)

Well, by no means am I trying to sound arrogant/conceited, but if you can top what I'm in the process of building, then you get every ounze of my respect...lol, because this project has been a constant drain on me monetarily, mentally and physically.

Best of luck to you....

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Well.......There is ONE thing that is much more essential than having money, time and hard work.

KNOWLEDGE.

And while I'm not saying you don't have it...there is always more to learn and know. Bryan, (Slow66), has come a long way with his Supra's...........but I'm sure there are *some* things out there he doesn't know.

(Or maybe not..........;))

But my point is, if you ultimately don't know what you're doing, you won't make it far.

jugalo65978

Jun 3, 2006
idaho
Boost Lee said:
Well.......There is ONE thing that is much more essential than having money, time and hard work.

KNOWLEDGE.

And while I'm not saying you don't have it...there is always more to learn and know. Bryan, (Slow66), has come a long way with his Supra's...........but I'm sure there are *some* things out there he doesn't know.

(Or maybe not..........;))

But my point is, if you ultimately don't know what you're doing, you won't make it far.
this is so true. my build just started and i dont plan on compleating it for severial years. like 3 or 4. Ie did 15 custom swaps last year and hope to do more this year it's what i do. so the knowledge is there. un fortunatly i dont have much experience in the relm of the supra. some one told me i would never be able to get my mk3 below 10s and i HATE being told what i can and canot do so im bone go below 10s.

slow66 do you haveany idea what sort of volumetric effeciency the 7m has with porting and 1mm oversized valves. ive had troubble finding this info and need it for my calculattions.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Theres TONS of stuff i dont know...lol

Another thing is being able to roll with the punches...i bent a couple valves because when i was bolting the cams down, a couple valves were tightened onto a piston because I didnt have the timing set close enough. With stock motors, you can bolt the cams in in any position, but not so with these monstrocities i have...lol. But now i'll never make the same mistake again. Youre going to have to be willing to try stuff and spend lots of $ on things that 99.99% of the community hasnt had any experience with to give any feedback.

Anyways...liek i said, best of luck....you'll need it for sure. :)

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
jugalo65978 said:
slow66 do you haveany idea what sort of volumetric effeciency the 7m has with porting and 1mm oversized valves. ive had troubble finding this info and need it for my calculattions.

Couldnt even come close to telling you.....depends on the amount of porting, intake manifold design, cam profiles, etc etc etc....

I'll be quite honest, i try not to concern myself too much with VE on big boost motors.... i just make everything big ;) :D

jugalo65978

Jun 3, 2006
idaho
Slow66 said:
Couldnt even come close to telling you.....depends on the amount of porting, intake manifold design, cam profiles, etc etc etc....

I'll be quite honest, i try not to concern myself too much with VE on big boost motors.... i just make everything big ;) :D
makes sense i noticed that you are going to use a gt4788 that will sure blow a lot. how well did your turbo map out to the motor. i matched up a t72 for my first pass at buildion mine. i plan on building it in stages. rebuild every winter. first year goal is 700hp second year is 900hp to 1000hp and after that we shal see what happens next.
so any way what kind of cams are you using in your 7m.

jugalo65978

Jun 3, 2006
idaho
so i am planning on building my fule injector controller my self. should be interesting to see how it workes out. im going to build it for my capstone in my electronics degre. i noticed that you are going to be using two sets of injectors. what sizes are you planning on using? and how are you pllaning on controlling them.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
group a supra said:
bryan i am with you on the $xx,xxx and hours of work hell i even rent a workshop for mine now and it has spiraled into a business i am currently building a drift supra for a customer :biglaugh:

Nice! :biglaugh:

Jugalo, you sure you knwo what youre gettign into right?? :aigo: :)

jugalo65978

Jun 3, 2006
idaho
Slow66 said:
Nice! :biglaugh:

Jugalo, you sure you knwo what youre gettign into right?? :aigo: :)
i know exactly what im getting in to. it will be a big pain in the ass but worth it. im renting extra space for mine now too enough for 4 cars unfortunatly i have managed to pile up abou 8 motors in there its getting crampt.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Im toying with the idea of mechanical fuel injection, so i dunno if im gonna even use efi or not anymore....should be interesting anyways.

Seriously though, good luck with the project. I hope you reach your goals, and i hope that you dont have to go thru as much BS as some of us have. If you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask.....

jugalo65978

Jun 3, 2006
idaho
what are the benifits of the toa cams over the bc cams?
i was going to use the bc cams.
i would stick with efi you just need a controller i should have one avalible in about a year i you need one.

joliroger4

Flying Dutchman Pilot
Apr 4, 2005
New Jersey
www.geocities.com
As far as I know here's how things stand for non-production bodies

Mibrum 7.44?
The HKS Tube frame car 8.xx

Stock bodied
MKII at 9.28
My truck at 9.48
Backhalfed MKIII from sweden? 9.69
The orange MKIII from vegas 10.2?
Slows first maroon car 10.55
KWNate :)

I know Maeso is somewhere in the 10s too with his car and I think there were some fast 7Ms from MD going way back.

If I missed or am forgetting anyone don't get your panties in a bunch, I am just unaware or forgot.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
joliroger4 - The HKS Tube-frame MKIII was 8.09 ET.

I think you've pretty much nailed a majority of them. :)

Some more to add to the list of the top of my head is:
Shawn (oneandgone, I believe) in his silver 87 did 10.29 @ 137.
Mahdavi (Greased Lightning 7M MKIII) did 10.39 @ 136.
Lance Wolken is somewhere in the 10's....10.8 I believe...not sure if he's progressed since then.
There is one other guy that lurked around on the forums that was DEEP into the 10's without full boost....but I cannot think of his name ATM.

I'll think of some more as the evening goes......:)

Jeff

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
jugalo65978 said:
what are the benifits of the toa cams over the bc cams?
i was going to use the bc cams.
i would stick with efi you just need a controller i should have one avalible in about a year i you need one.

The TED cams i have are full billet grinds, and to my knowlege, BC doesnt make them as big as the ones i have.

There are plenty of ways i can go with efi, MoTeC beign one of them. Its not a simple process driving 12 injectors sequentially. I am going to do more researchwith the mechanical injection befor ei make any choices. If Big Block Blower guys (on alky) can make over 3000hp with mechanical fuel injection, i think i can manage to make a bit over 1000 on alky with it....we'll see....

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
jugalo65978 said:
thats why im gona build my own injector controller.
Be careful.. I would definetly think twice unless you are a E. E. Once you see how much money goes into a motor that will generate that much power. I think that you will reconsider using something home grown . there is a reason none of the Pro guys making that much power are using home made engine management .. Thats not to say that it cant be done ... I personaly would love to be involved with any program or car thats is gearing up to break records
my .02 $

Jason

Last edited: