elec oil press gauge

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
no itll come with its own sender. there are many ways to hook up the extra sender.

you could possibly find an appropriate sized BSP fitting to go into the stock OP sender port and Y off where you can install the stock sender, then the aftermarket sender for your gauge.

thats just one option. the sweep of the gauge is up to you. just make sure the range is correct.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Take the autometer sender and use a 1/8" pipe die and thread it on as far as possible to make the threaded part as small as possible. It will then go right in the block and seal purfect.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
the sweep is how the gauge reads. a full sweep would mean the needle points 360 degrees around the gauge. for instance, the speedometer on our cars (and most if not all others..) is a full sweep guage. the stock boost gauge, is not a full sweep gauge. i dont know exactly how many degrees it would be but hopefully that gives you the right idea.

the range would be the lowest reading (0) to the highest, whatever that may be.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
bigaaron said:
Take the autometer sender and use a 1/8" pipe die and thread it on as far as possible to make the threaded part as small as possible. It will then go right in the block and seal purfect.

good info!

did you get my last PM?

luvs2slide

Boso Drifter
Apr 19, 2005
Shalimar, FL
bigaaron said:

Where can I get the pipe die? And when you said thread it on...is that screwing it on? :1zhelp: LoL Sorry Im confused. Do you have any pics of this procedure? Thanks I have the same guage and uncertain about the install of the sender to the block.

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
I did the retap method after getting it suggested to me. Works a treat and it spins straight in where the stock sender goes, no leaks.
Get a cheap tap and die set or buy one and then spin it onto the threaded section of the new sender. It will cut a new thread that will accept the factory one in the block. Just take your time and use some grease or oil, when it gets tight back it the dye or sender off (depends how you do it.you can put the dye in the vice and use a spanner and turn the sender of go otherway aorund) and turn it forwards again.