Early Fall Meet

Robogast

Mechanic
Jun 14, 2006
VA Beach, VA
soundslikesemi87;1340693 said:
I'm going NA guys...5m...

J/K Quite possibly getting an mkii poop :joshers:

Dont lie dude! Do you still want that turbo? If so then your car will really sound like a semi! haha

Robogast

Mechanic
Jun 14, 2006
VA Beach, VA
soundslikesemi87;1340976 said:
Haha you still want too much for it...knowing the story behind it hahaha I'm still thinking.

Oh whatever man, Youll never find a turbo that size for the price im asking. It doesnt matter about the story behind it. Its a badass price.

Robogast

Mechanic
Jun 14, 2006
VA Beach, VA
Picked up the motor today. Will be throwing it in friday night and starting the break-in. Will be throwing on the new turbo after i get all the pieces.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Turbo:sarcasm: What turbo? How big is this thing?

Robogast;1341537 said:
Picked up the motor today. Will be throwing it in friday night and starting the break-in. Will be throwing on the new turbo after i get all the pieces.

Dude how many motors have you had?

Robogast

Mechanic
Jun 14, 2006
VA Beach, VA
applesauce;1341682 said:
Turbo:sarcasm: What turbo? How big is this thing?

Dude how many motors have you had?

its a garrett center section, Not sure the exact size cause the data plate came off. But it is a t4 turbine housing and it has an anti surge compressor housing. If anyone is interested ill get some pics up. But it is Huge!!

But yeah i had my motor rebuilt for like the 5th or 6th time cause the original machine shop had totally F**ked me over by not doing the work properly. So the new machine shop ( The Head Shop) has been fixing all the problems. And they have been doing a great job. But this last time it had rod knock on number 3 rod. So if it goes bad this time im going to go to buschur to get one. But that wont be until i can save up alot of money.

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
The Head Shop !! ?? Oh I dont know about that one dude. I hope You have good luck with them. Personally I only recieved garbage from their shop. BUT that was a few years ago. Maybe things have changed.
You might check out SIP Racing in Ohio. Im sending my stuff there next week. Rich is a very knowledgeable machinist. And they specialize in 7M !! Only bad part is Shipping it away. :cry:

Robogast

Mechanic
Jun 14, 2006
VA Beach, VA
White Zombie;1342005 said:
The Head Shop !! ?? Oh I dont know about that one dude. I hope You have good luck with them. Personally I only recieved garbage from their shop. BUT that was a few years ago. Maybe things have changed.
You might check out SIP Racing in Ohio. Im sending my stuff there next week. Rich is a very knowledgeable machinist. And they specialize in 7M !! Only bad part is Shipping it away. :cry:

Yeah they have been good. And i dont have a 7M anymore. I have a 4G63t. And i wouldnt want to send my motor out to ohio. Id hate for something to go wrong and never get it back.

amekaji87

Apr 23, 2009
Chesapeake, Va
Whoa...a thread full of VA supras..I think my brother and I will make it to the meet in Fall. I'm not driving my supra until I get a few things replaced on it cause I'm a bit anal (passenger side door molding and one piece of fender molding). I just dropped another 7MGTE in it to replace the blown one. So, haven't done much driving in it but I've enjoyed it thus far. Previously I had a MKII which I sold to my father...have my 98 camry xle too..so things are good lol..By the way, I think I know you applesauce..I'll PM you though. Oh, if anyone has that molding I'm looking for PM me

amekaji87;1344774 said:
Whoa...a thread full of VA supras..I think my brother and I will make it to the meet in Fall. I'm not driving my supra until I get a few things replaced on it cause I'm a bit anal (passenger side door molding and one piece of fender molding). I just dropped another 7MGTE in it to replace the blown one. So, haven't done much driving in it but I've enjoyed it thus far. Previously I had a MKII which I sold to my father...have my 98 camry xle too..so things are good lol..By the way, I think I know you applesauce..I'll PM you though. Oh, if anyone has that molding I'm looking for PM me

Haha glad to see you'll make it. Btw, I have a full 89 white package trim. I'm thinking about selling it as a set though.

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Once I change mine out, I'll have some gray trim available.....or once Glenn keeps knocking on me to get my Sup on the road, either or. LOL

amekaji87

Apr 23, 2009
Chesapeake, Va
Supra's "on the road" but I'm just an anal retentive supra owner... but I ordered the molding I need, thanks for the offer though. I've considered it and probably would do the 89+ molding if the rest of my molding wasn't in such good shape. The upper speedo cable should be on its way, replacement targa will be here tues., and the molding hopefully will be here by then and then I'll be driving it again. Next week I'm putting stock rims with new tires on there and getting an alignment done...I've gotta lot left .. next pay check (try to space it out to meet my savings goals hehe) will be the ceramic brake pads with slotted/vented rotors and I'll start working on speakers and all...custom building a box for it too..so anyway...I'll be there, just not sure if I'll have all my goals met lol By the way..who do I keep passing in the midtown tunnel? Someone in a white 89+ supra..twice in a row today I passed this guy..wondering if it's anyone on here

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
medic91x;1346838 said:
I'll be there for sure. :sarcasm:

Are we going to consider doing a pot luck? Maybe a Labor Day BBQ?

I'll buy all the food, If you want to bring something then cool. Or bring something for who ever is grilling to grill then thats fine also.