• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggyskadude13

AAARRRGGGHH!!!!!
May 16, 2007
Rockledge, Florida
Stance are good coilovers from what I know for drifting. Most of my friends are drifters and I know at least one of them has Stance coilovers on his 240 and is very happy with them. Other than that the Megans are what alot of the guys around here use for drifting.

88supraFAST1

7M WHAT
Feb 8, 2006
Battle Ground, Wa
if your looking for drift suspension you should check out the group buy on the ht type hsd suspension. i have them on my car and they are stiff and get really low i think i could touch frame with them on low. and they have get levels of adjustments.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
But i'm back at the spring rates. Stance's only rates for the supra are 12/10. Thats wicked soft. SHould go with BUddy CLub in that case but they're still only 10kg in the rear. Yes i know i have a sticking shift key, btw. The HSD's look really hardcore and i absolutley loooove the independent rebound and compression adjustment, thats where its at. But with the Megans you can get the stiffest coils known to man (not really, just for the Supra) for under a grand. However Alex, if you have more than a grand to play with i'd say HSD pending on info on the spring rates!!

3day240sx

Oct 25, 2006
millington, TN
Ya'll do know with stance you can order all the way to 18k springs right? That is front and rear. The gr+ for the 240's were coing with 8/6 and 9/7 springs when i bought mine but i don't think the rest of them were coming with 2 sets of springs. I also know that the retail on each spring is 40 or 45 bucks.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Usually the valving needs to be redone before springs can be swapped. I am planning on probably going to get stiffer springs when I get my coilovers rebuilt when ever that will be since I just put them in less then 2 months ago.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Installed the Megans Thursday, here's the pics:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I set the front height @ 1 business card with the car in the air...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

The rear is at 1/2 a business card
sm_photo_missing.jpg

And she's sitting low and pretty. Pics with my new 17s tomorrow...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I have absolutely NO body roll. With the dampers set between 0 and 5, the rear tires will let go predictably and smoothly with the Kumho Ecstas on 17" wheels. Oh yeah, I'm loving it.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Just got back from a touge shakedown. Some things I noticed:

1: 15 is perfect for mountain roads.
2: Kumho Ecstas don't warn you before they let go
3: The new header/downpipe makes the rear part of the exhaust hit the subframe
4: Maybe the car is to low. On some larger bumps I heard the fenders hit the tires. Lower profile tires may be an option here.
5: Optimum RPMs are difficult to keep.
6: Can't wait for ST sway bars
7: Going 2.5 times faster than the reccomended speed for a corner is nerve wracking, but adaptable.

But yeah, I'm very pleased. :runaway:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
BlackMKIII said:
4: Maybe the car is to low. On some larger bumps I heard the fenders hit the tires. Lower profile tires may be an option here.

Sounds like you need to harden up the ride. My car is wayyyy lower than that and I've never had that problem. I've scraped the mud flaps but never had the tires rub.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
BlackMKIII said:
Any harder than 15 and it'll break my back. I'm be running again later this week. Maybe 10?

Yea true, but it just doesnt seem they should be rubbing when you hit a bump. I can see when your turning real sharp.
Hmmmmm...

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
My car is way lower too and I have no issues with rubbing. Only when I am taking one of those cork screw on ramps at high speeds do I rub. I would say.. I have no gap in the front and just a tad of gap in the rear. I need to raise my car more lol.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Preload 'em. If you wanna drive up to SR again we can wrench and get KFC. Mine is also alot lower and i have 18s with 255s in the front and 275s in the rear. I have no more than a 1 finger gap in the front, maybe a little less and preloaded the hell out of 'em. Had no rubbing at all when i was drifting or driving to and from Vallejo on the highway and our crappy town roads. mine are on 0-1 and i love it anything softer would be useless to me. I'm gonna roll my rear fenders with our machine and then set the rears lower so the fenders go over the 275s, Boris saw my car on the drift day, was a bit high in the rear

locustreign

Jun 25, 2007
livermore
SuperSupraKid said:
have you tried the megan racing coilovers?:dunno: if you havent then you shouldnt be talking, just because they are not a name brand doesnt mean they suck. they are slowly emerging into the racing industry.

i have tried them. they came on my car when i bought them. they suck i threw them away.

if you know people at cusco like i do. you could get good stuff for cheap.

like 14 kg front 12 in the rear.

good luck your suspension issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.