• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Okay, I'm definately looking to replace my suspension parts. Definately going with the ST sway bars, also front and rear tower bars. Here's my question:

Should I go with Tokico Illumina IIs with Eibach Springs, Tein SS coilovers, JIC coilovers, or the Megan Track coilovers? This car will be used for drifting/touge, so it's gotta be low and stiff. 17" wheels will be used, see my build thread for exact specs.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Yeah, Megans for the price. I just stuck mine on and they're awesome. You can make them low if you completely screw the body up and let the spring all the way down. That got it low for me, but for the drift this weekend i had to put it back up so the fender wouldn't shred my tire, lol. Next i'd say JIC but you have to get the custom built FLT which can cost 2,500 or more! So Megans win based on the price. Hella good! BTW thanx 4 that turbo, i think it's the JDM cermic turbo! Spools much faster and pushes more boost than my old upgraded one too, who woulda thought

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
I'm not sure how many D1 cars are running MEGAN but I do know that some of them are running the JIC coilovers.

But, I think you should just run the megans because they are cheaper and probably fine. Plus, then you'll have more money in the bank for tires or whatever.

locustreign

Jun 25, 2007
livermore
megan blows.

if you are going to get drift suspension go with JIC, Cusco, Stance, Tein, or Buddy Club.

especially if you are buying new. the price variance often is only a couple hundred bucks if that..

CUSCO ftw.

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
locustreign said:
megan blows.

if you are going to get drift suspension go with JIC, Cusco, Stance, Tein, or Buddy Club.

especially if you are buying new. the price variance often is only a couple hundred bucks if that..

CUSCO ftw.

have you tried the megan racing coilovers?:dunno: if you havent then you shouldnt be talking, just because they are not a name brand doesnt mean they suck. they are slowly emerging into the racing industry.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
SuperSupraKid said:
have you tried the megan racing coilovers?:dunno: if you havent then you shouldnt be talking, just because they are not a name brand doesnt mean they suck. they are slowly emerging into the racing industry.

Hes a Spy, he works for Cusco!:biglaugh:

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Thing is JIC, Cusco, Stance, Tein, or Buddy Club don't make any spring rates hard enough to effectively support our cars. Buddy Club comes close, i was considering them, but the rear coils are only 10kg where are the Megans are 14kg. Cusco doesn't make anything even remotely close enough to supporting the heft of an MK3 and Tein's crap is all lousy "street performance and driving comfort". I don't want driving comfort i want a suspension thats gonna hug a 90 flat corner at 120 without rolling the car over. The Tein SS's come close but are still soft. Unless you're going to go with a $2,800 or more custom valved, custom sprung JIC FLT setup the Megan's are the ONLY way to go for a true performance coilover that can handle all the body roll and heft that an old Supra will throw at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.