don't buy carfasion (video/pics of carnage)

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
Man, Wish I would have seen this thread before buying 2 stout hoods from them. It has been already 2 months since they said it would be shipped out. Communication has ceased or been impossible since I paid.

Right now I am out over $1200 and no hoods.

Nick if there is anyway you could help me out I would gladly pay you for your effort =D

Nick Stonawski

Apr 2, 2005
Manhattan Beach
^^^ im already on it dude. Been hounding Joch and Bryan about the hoods and finally got some solid info today. You, along with ForcedInduction here on the forums will have ur hoods shipped from the shop by this coming monday! I'm going to make sure it happends for both of u!!

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
See, that's the thing...no communication. Nick, who doesn't even work for these guys, has been the only one communicating with the us, the customer (BTW, thanks Nick). A little update here or there just see how everything is going is all I asked for at least. But after 3 months of patient waiting, no e-mail response, and Nick going out of his way to see wassup, I finally received my lip. :nono:

My .02 cents...

ninja6o4

Apr 29, 2008
Surrey, BC
It's really too bad they don't even have the couresty to notify you that there is a delay in shipping. All it takes is a simple email and you would be a satisfied and possible repeat customer, instead of a "at least I finally got the stuff" customer..

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
Any luck gettin ahold of them yet ?? There's another one on ebay right now and I think that seller is carfashions with a new user id =(

Nick Stonawski;1041995 said:
^^^ im already on it dude. Been hounding Joch and Bryan about the hoods and finally got some solid info today. You, along with ForcedInduction here on the forums will have ur hoods shipped from the shop by this coming monday! I'm going to make sure it happends for both of u!!

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
wow, i thought they were shipping on monday. way back few weeks ago.
i want one of those hoods also. but damn such a long wait time.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Viper, Did you ever try on those rears? I can't tell in your sig pic. My original Bomex would hold themselves on the car without any mounting. Just slide them on.

Edit******I Pm'd Shine about my very easily cracked Greddy G-Spec front bumper a couple of days ago, and still no answer. I know 2 days with no communication is nothing compared to what I read here.

Nick Stonawski

Apr 2, 2005
Manhattan Beach
TX1JZSupra;1080763 said:
Any luck gettin ahold of them yet ?? There's another one on ebay right now and I think that seller is carfashions with a new user id =(

^^^ you got PM.

*******EVERYONE*******

CarFashion isnt in business anymore!! u can check thier website CarFashionOnline.com and notice the site isnt even there anymore. Long story short, those that got ur stuff, COOL! those who didnt, u gotta handle this through carfashions email or just end transactions through ebay (however this is done. im not an ebayers so sorry i cant help more here).

I personally can make parts using the old molds and making my own now. But business through the name carfashion has CEASED! TX1JZSupra u are who i beleive to be one of the last people to have problems with parts not received yet. u have a PM regaurding what to do from here.

Im glad i was able to help a majority of u in getting parts to u..... eventually through carfashiosn transactions. :p

Some of u may have noticed that i have been now replicating parts and staying as true, on time and honest in my transactions as possible. I'm here as ur friend guys. not as a salesman. :)

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
Man this really sucks. As of right now Im out over $1200 and will try to dispute this transaction with my credit card company even though I was charged back in April. We'll see what happens. If I'm able to recover my funds I'll try to get the hoods from you.

What really sucks is that I bought one for me and spotted my friend for his hood, so now I'm eating the cost for his hood also =(

Now I have to figure out how to make up for these funds before I can start back up on my build.

Thanks for trying

Last edited:

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
ForcedTorque;1080849 said:
Viper, Did you ever try on those rears? I can't tell in your sig pic. My original Bomex would hold themselves on the car without any mounting. Just slide them on.

Edit******I Pm'd Shine about my very easily cracked Greddy G-Spec front bumper a couple of days ago, and still no answer. I know 2 days with no communication is nothing compared to what I read here.

yea i'm using the rears now, one side was molded a tad wrong so i had to cut and do a little glasswork myself, but other than that they are holding up great. i did have to put a screw on the bottom portion tho to hold it to the bumper.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Nick, buy or get the molds for them, and start your own company, WITH great customer service. If your prices stay reasonable I think you will make a killing. Look how fast you sell lips on here. Maybe start small (supra's only) then expand. Just an idea, or what I would if I knew the owners or ex-owners.

I am sorry to hear about supra owners getting ripped, that is just fubared up.

Jaychen

Jun 29, 2008
Brisbane
^^^^ Agreed, this whole situation could have been so easily avoided with a bit of genuine customer service. Sorry to hear about all you guys that got ripped off.

stylez

Jul 30, 2006
Canberra, Australia
ha !

just received a letter from usa bankruptcy court stating that

Jochebed Shih Yun Ho
47 Night Hawk
Irvine, CA 92604

has filed for bankruptcy blah blah on july 28 2008

creditors meeting is on september 9, 2008 at
411 W Fourth St, Room 3-110, Santa Ana, CA, 92701

obviously I can't go along being in Australia, but thought others these guys owe money to might be interested.

seeing as I was ripped off $800 over a year ago now, i've given up seeing it again.

i find it interesting that I even received this, means I must of been on paperwork somewhere, not that those f#$kers ever made an effort to get me parts.