don't buy carfasion (video/pics of carnage)

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
That stinks. I find it funny that the people on this forum who represent Carfashion(wont mention names) have repeatedly bashed the quality of other replica companies products but it turns out that they have the poorest quality product. Interesting.....

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
^ seriously, thats why i bought it lol.. they made carfasion sound so good.. well i'd say carfasion is ok.. i mean their customer serivce could be way better. i am satisified with the lip and the rears altho i haven't tried them on. the overall quality of those two peices were like 20x better than the sides

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
ok well he decided to give me a partial refund for $175 and i accepted it so i don't have to deal with this anymore.. i figure it's not a total loss. He does want me to destroy the sides which i am figuring out the best way to do so.. i will keep u guys posted

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Just chop it up nice and clean.

Actually, the sword fight thing sounds nice. Sword fight at the top of NJIT, and I'll watch? :D

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Glad that you're getting money back. But why does it matter what you do with the side skirts?

Whatever you decide, just make sure you get that on YouTube. :naughty:

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
haha i'm not sure how this works but we worked out a deal that he sends me the money and then i will destroy them (saves shipping them back to him). i got the money back so i feel i should finish my part of the deal.. would giving them away be part of destroying? i mean i'm not gaining from this, someone else is... lol But then again these were wayyyyy off... i can do fiberglass work and these peices weere not even close... even if u got it on ur car it would take so much work

Nick Stonawski

Apr 2, 2005
Manhattan Beach
NJsupraA70;949699 said:
That stinks. I find it funny that the people on this forum who represent Carfashion(wont mention names) have repeatedly bashed the quality of other replica companies products but it turns out that they have the poorest quality product. Interesting.....

so someone brought to my attention that there is some bashing going on in the thread and a possible hint of my name (not being mentioned) dropped here bothered me.

what u guys say about carfashion is 100% ur right and i have nothing against anyone.

BUT, i truley hope NJ ur post above is NOT directed at me! if so i would like proof in one of my posts bashing someone elses company. not to mention i have helped the members here on this forum more than i have helped out CarFashion: answering HUNDREDS of PM's, co-ordinating shipping, picking up products for CarFashion with my truck counties away just to help get products to u guys faster. im going WAAAAAY beyond what i should be doing and im not making any money off any deals! as soon as the first molds were done i tried on evyerthng Bryan made and all fit the same as my original stuff. if product is getting worse than all i can do is bring it to Bryans attention and maybe have him start up some new molds.

i am in no way an employee of carfashion. i just work in the same facility and try to make product available to u guys when u demand it. the hoods being made are made at the same facility BIG name companies (which i legally cant say thier names) have thiers being made. so before u knock the hoods realize u would be getting the exact if not the same quality hood from another distributer. actualyl u would be getting WORSE condition hoods cause Bryan and i actually go to the place and look at the hoods individsually before we even load them in my truck! there have been two times Bryan has refused a hood from them and demanded a better quality one be made ASAP for shipping! BIG companies send drivers to pickup and then ship without even taking off the bubble wrap to inspect.

the lips and skirts ARE made at a different facility which i can attest is NOT that great of quality at times. but the hoods... seriously... u CANNOT be that picky! and for what Bryan should be selling the hoods at, u guys are getting killer deals. This is why u only see me pushing the hoods now. only product i stand behind as being great quality! fitment u can play with. the part that matters is pretty damn close to flawless, admit it guys! i have minor flaws in my original stout hood. u think i have the option of sending it back to Stout Japan for a "better hood"??!?! LOLOL!! :3d_frown:

as much as i HATE getting involved i end up always having to. i just want it clear my name is in no way dragged in the mud when i have a ridiculous amount of members who can attest to my being as helpful a member as possible!

thanx

Nick

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
Nick Stonawski;950809 said:
so someone brought to my attention that there is some bashing going on in the thread and a possible hint of my name (not being mentioned) dropped here bothered me.

what u guys say about carfashion is 100% ur right and i have nothing against anyone.

BUT, i truley hope NJ ur post above is NOT directed at me! if so i would like proof in one of my posts bashing someone elses company. not to mention i have helped the members here on this forum more than i have helped out CarFashion: answering HUNDREDS of PM's, co-ordinating shipping, picking up products for CarFashion with my truck counties away just to help get products to u guys faster. im going WAAAAAY beyond what i should be doing and im not making any money off any deals! as soon as the first molds were done i tried on evyerthng Bryan made and all fit the same as my original stuff. if product is getting worse than all i can do is bring it to Bryans attention and maybe have him start up some new molds.

i am in no way an employee of carfashion. i just work in the same facility and try to make product available to u guys when u demand it. the hoods being made are made at the same facility BIG name companies (which i legally cant say thier names) have thiers being made. so before u knock the hoods realize u would be getting the exact if not the same quality hood from another distributer. actualyl u would be getting WORSE condition hoods cause Bryan and i actually go to the place and look at the hoods individsually before we even load them in my truck! there have been two times Bryan has refused a hood from them and demanded a better quality one be made ASAP for shipping! BIG companies send drivers to pickup and then ship without even taking off the bubble wrap to inspect.

the lips and skirts ARE made at a different facility which i can attest is NOT that great of quality at times. but the hoods... seriously... u CANNOT be that picky! and for what Bryan should be selling the hoods at, u guys are getting killer deals. This is why u only see me pushing the hoods now. only product i stand behind as being great quality! fitment u can play with. the part that matters is pretty damn close to flawless, admit it guys! i have minor flaws in my original stout hood. u think i have the option of sending it back to Stout Japan for a "better hood"??!?! LOLOL!! :3d_frown:

as much as i HATE getting involved i end up always having to. i just want it clear my name is in no way dragged in the mud when i have a ridiculous amount of members who can attest to my being as helpful a member as possible!

thanx

Nick

None if this is Nick's fault, i would actually liek to thank him because he helped me when i was trying to figure out where my kit was when i first ordered it. Like i said carfasion isn't completely crappy... i would just never buy from them again because of their service. Like i said the lip was good and the rear's seem good, but the sides were..... lets say i have no idea who was behind quality control. Again we should all thank Nick for helping us out with the GB, i ended up with a sweet pre-89 front lip. I also have to thank carfasion for this awesome $25 sword fight we may have now at my school.. wooott :biglaugh:

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Just purchased a lip from these guys...hope it's all good. Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes you get a great deal...we'll see.