does your car smell?

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
I just read all of these posts, and no ones smell like mildew from the leaky Targa??? Mine always leaks, even with new seals all around.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
smells like moisture mostly because my garage smells the same way from the a/c hanging in the roof.

my maroon car smelled the same way from my garage, cuz my garage is weird.

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Usually Smells like supra.. a little bit like coolant, a little bit like oil, a little bit like fuel.

Right now it smells like clean... Completely tore down my interior today and cleaned the crap out of it... pulled the seats out and scrubbed the carpet, pulled off all the buttons and switches and cleaned them too... ahhh been wanting to do that for a long time!

Now it's time to get the tree sap off my roof :(

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
My 89 7M smells like a regular car when it's being driven like a regular car... but smells slightly like exhaust gases at WOT for prolonged periods of time. Crack a window for a minute or two, and voila, car smells like a regular car again!

If it's not raining, I drive with the windows down anyway, to get a good front row seat for the I6 Turbo Soundtrack. If it's sunny and warm, targa's out and windows are down. So it smells like warm sunny breeze and blue skies, with 90km of headroom.

I'll feel better when it smells like race fuel and NOS.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
I can't smell anything because I'm too busy trying to cover up my bleeding ears from this new 3" exhaust. We should get a hp/decibel chart, I think mine will be one for one. My car actually smells ok now that it dried out from the summer weather. I pulled the ugly carpet and got it cleaned. That helped a lot.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
tekdeus said:
Mine is tuned quite rich, boosting 15psi with no cat on the street stinks of exhaust and fuel like a race car. My clothes smell like that even after I get out! I am adding a hi-flow cat now.

Yea, I have noticed that too...whenever I drive the Supra, the exhaust smell lingers in my hair and clothes...kinda sucks.