ddp and test pipe

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
if you want to free up restrictions in your exhaust system, you must increase the diameter of the exhaust piping from the turbo to the muffler. in addition to that, decreasing the flow work by limiting turbulence and sharp bends in the piping... both the ddp and test pipe will help aid this effort
with me, the biggest bang for the buck when i first got my car was doing this. then you can move on to a bigger turbo

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
sneakypete said:
if you want to free up restrictions in your exhaust system, you must increase the diameter of the exhaust piping from the turbo to the muffler. in addition to that, decreasing the flow work by limiting turbulence and sharp bends in the piping... both the ddp and test pipe will help aid this effort
with me, the biggest bang for the buck when i first got my car was doing this. then you can move on to a bigger turbo

yes, a ddp and test pipe will give you a big improvement over stock, but i don't think moving on to a bigger turbo would be the best idea just yet based on how this question was asked.

boosted17

Jun 5, 2005
Florence, KY
supraboy said:
are a divorce down pipe and test pipe really necessary? i have a cat. but its pretty much shot anyways.

They are not necessary. But if you want to make more power you need to free up exhaust flow. You don't have to get a ddp but they make the best power.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
theKnifeArtist said:
yes, a ddp and test pipe will give you a big improvement over stock, but i don't think moving on to a bigger turbo would be the best idea just yet based on how this question was asked.

very true, but if he wants to make very noticable power improvements, that would be a good route to go

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
right, but i doubt it was assumed that there was an invisible asterik beside that statement mentioning:
* -engine condition evaluation and supporting mods required

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
hahahaha... i guess your right. but i say dont fix it until its broken.... i blew my motor and then had the excuse to open it up. your right tho.. better safe than sorry