Custom cams came in....*pics*

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
damn!!! stock lift is ~6.7mm, the old hks cams were ~8.1mm lift. i planeed on some 264deg cams at 8.5mm lift myself, but im a cheap poor bastard and am going to get regrinds. lol. cant wait to see what that monster puts down.
william

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
Wow, i just cant see those things being very quiet. they are going to slap like a mofo. id almost be worried about throwing a shim.

The sound will change a bit, but if its anything like a camed jz motor, you wont be able to tell.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
SupraRacer said:
Wow, i just cant see those things being very quiet. they are going to slap like a mofo. id almost be worried about throwing a shim.

The sound will change a bit, but if its anything like a camed jz motor, you wont be able to tell.

at 288 duratiuon.. like hell you won't ;)

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
williamb82 said:
hows he going to do that when he bought shim under buckets? there is no shim on top for the cam lobe to throw.

Exactly.

Slow, even with my TRD cams(which are pretty chunky) also which I don't have the specs on yet, but even they won't idle below 1200 rpm comfortably because of not enough vacum.. @1200-1300 rpm the engine is making 9"s of vacum but it sure don't sound anything like the stockers. :naughty: Keep up the excellent work as you are the trail blazer for all of us.

Last edited:

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
humm your's make's mine look so small oh welll what cna you do

you must be low comp useing these cams

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
To all those screaming for vids, dont worry, there will be plenty of dyno video to go around :)

Right now im predicting my idle to be at 1400ish, but we'll see. The best part is that these cams arent even the coolest thing that i'm doing. I have some secret stuff that i havent told anybody :D Once its running and dynoing, i'll spill the beans :)

Iron Tank

Grease Monkey
Mar 30, 2005
N. California
Those cam lobes look mighty aggresive. It will be one hard core 7m once its done. :icon_cool Good luck with the project.

I will be testing a set set of toda 264's with 10.3 mm lift on mine soon. :icon_bigg

Last edited: