Status
Not open for further replies.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
traviswithaG said:
I have a friend whos just blown his second 7m this summer , , What happens , it starts knocking then gets worse n worse and blows over the coarse of a month or so
his mods - lexus afm ( with out the tunning screw)
-550's
-upgraded intercooler
- boost controller ( he pushes about 14 psi)
- now he just tells me that the 7m is crap and candle handle that hp stalk
his a/f guage says hes running really rich ,
-3 in exhaust and codl air intake

Based on the small list of mods he is missing some things?
LEX AFM
550's
He is missing a bigger fuel pump, and a safc-ii or something like it? 550's and a lex are 25% bigger then stock, from what I have been told you need the fuel pump and safc-ii at least to finish off that upgrade. I have 550's , lexafm, fuel pump and safcii (along with other things) and have zero problems. After installing you need to get it tuned by a shop with a dyno and WB or get a WB and someone that can tune it for you.

I wish I could afford to buy 2 7m's in that short amount of time.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Hey buddy the real world uses MPH's lol KMH is lame and utterly odd to talk about speed with. LOL. I'd cut down on racing for a bit with it, but your buddy with knock should have stopped even using it and looked for the problem, when you hear rod knock this is not what you should tell yourself "ROD Knock, lets hit full boost and race this mofo".

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
You're buddy is blaming his lack of skill on the motor. Either it was built wrong or he doesn't know how to do proper fuel mods.

Intothenight19

Crissaegrim
Feb 23, 2006
Pa
Keep that motor nice and oiled up, check it every couple days.. Thats what I do, and get a WB Gauge, that narrow band p.o.s. is just a show for onlookers and probably is an attributing factor to your motor going boom boom. 550's+Stock pump= lean meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.