College Kids: What's Your Major and Minor!?

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
I jumped around from mechanical engineering to physics and ended up majoring in Business Management, with a minor in Econ, and will graduate this summer

I should have kept with the engineering I think, but this works.

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Yeah..I just changed my major again (but at least I changed it back to what it was at first)

Major-Political Science with concentration in Public Administration
Minor-Military Operations (CCAF FTW!!!!!!!)

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
aiming to do mechanical engineering; i'm behind on my basics because i didn't take a math my senior year and didn't remember a thing for my placement exams....... so stupid of me :\

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Im graduating from the University of California, Irvine in June with majors in Computer Science and Political Science.

I just got accepted to University of San Diego Law School for the evening program. I am trying to get a full time job at Qualcomm starting in the summer. So, hopefully that works out.

I figure that if I can handle all the things I'm doing now I should be able to handle work and school next year.

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Major: Zoology

It's only for the community college though...if/when I make it to a university, I will major in Herpetology :)

And maybe minor in business, so I can open my own kick-ass reptile store

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Environmental Resources Engineering...freshman.

thinking about switching down the line to mechanical engineering..my original goal.

not sure though.
photography, graphical design, and music are all possibilities for minors or alternate majors if the opportunities present themselves. music could be a minor i've been doing it for years and years and always do something with it during school.

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
College sure is different in the states.. here what you guys are saying sounds like a university. Up in canada a college is more job specific, an example is to become an electrician i;m taking electrical, so i do all the theory and hands on stuff but it is all VERY directly an education to become an electrician.

So in the states College and Universities are the same thing?

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
University is the more formal term, but "college" is widely used. What you are referring to we would probably call a "trade school".

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
MKivSupra_Rob;941784 said:
College sure is different in the states.. here what you guys are saying sounds like a university. Up in canada a college is more job specific, an example is to become an electrician i;m taking electrical, so i do all the theory and hands on stuff but it is all VERY directly an education to become an electrician.

So in the states College and Universities are the same thing?

A college focuses on one, general area a expertese.

IE I go to West Virginia University. We have many many colleges such as College of Engineering, College of Law, etc.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
IwantMKIII;942004 said:
A college focuses on one, general area a expertese.

IE I go to West Virginia University. We have many many colleges such as College of Engineering, College of Law, etc.

GO MOUNTIES

I'm coming back to WVU in the fall.

Major: Accounting