code 14 ... haha :(

code14

Apr 22, 2006
USA
hrm... this is getting sweet.

there's a lil connector lookin thing by the power steering fluid reservoir and it snapped off the wiring harness... super brittle... sweet. can i just, uh, solder it back on??

OT: how much would a new wiring harness + install set me back? :\

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
there are a bunch of connectors near the ps fluid reservoir. some may need some soldering to fix, some can be fixed with crimp on quick connect connectors.

a new harness is around $400 and that does not include install

code14

Apr 22, 2006
USA
well, i guess ill get to that later :(

so for this :: ahem :: spark test....

you remove all the plugs then attach them to the spark plug wires?? and then crank it? that seems like a bad idea... or do i remove one at a time??

last time i just stuck a screwdriver in the boot... but that's prolly not the safest way to go ;]

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You only need to pull one plug wire. Put a spare plug in it, and ground it. Have a buddy crank the engine so you can see if it is sparking.

If you are having an intermittent problem, then you don't likely have a component failure, but a bad connection. And this test might not show you anything.

code14

Apr 22, 2006
USA
well, they all sparked... :O

gah, i'm pretty sure it's electrical :(

i guess as soon as i get my hands on a voltmeter i'll check the resistances of the wires. shoot, well, thanks a lot for all the help guys!

you all know a wee bit too much about these cars... it's freakin me out ;]

later! and happy driving :]