Clear side indicator units......1st prototype

jdmk3_87t

Take it!
Apr 29, 2005
SoCaL
Hmmm those taillights look very neat! Would like to see the taillights on a car tho. Still growing in me...not too sure...but they look awesome! Same goes to those clear sidemarkers! Good job Wolfie!

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
It may be worth considering making clear turn signals as well, they are pretty popular, but hard to get, as most of the places that made them have stopped.

Also, I REALLY like everything you have done, it the lights look awesome! Any idea on a price?

fatboy

White Kid
Apr 5, 2005
Seatown
members.cardomain.com
damn i want a set or two of those FASHO! :) they look sweet :aigo: :naughty:

that sucks ass that they stopped making clear front turns and rear side marker, I need to get some of those as well. :icon_mad:

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
very nice work, i may need to pick up a set once i get back too work:icon_bigg

keep us posted on the price, i think you are going to sell a lot of these!

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Very nice job on the clear side markers. I favor the bubble style myself. lmk when these will be for sale & cost. Only ?'s I have is will these be fully clear or just opac? Also does the method you ues to get them clear make them britle & prone to cracking? Reason of me asking is I got a set from Japan about 4+yrs ago. They were 1st sets thay produced & were Opac not 100% clear. Also after I had them on for just over a year I started to notce samll hairline cracks in them. I found out that they redid there method & the last generation of clears solved the cracking problem. Eventily about 2 yers ago I lost my driverside marcker in a wreck & they were no longer avalible so I just have the amber bubble markers. Would love to go back with the clears.

You can see in this pic that its not 100% clear.
753294_7_full.jpg

Main reason I like the bubble markers is that you can see it from the front real well. Adds mor to the front esp at night running Piaa lights.
753294_6_full.jpg

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
Very nice job on the clear side markers. I favor the bubble style myself. lmk when these will be for sale & cost. Only ?'s I have is will these be fully clear or just opac? Also does the method you ues to get them clear make them britle & prone to cracking? Reason of me asking is I got a set from Japan about 4+yrs ago. They were 1st sets thay produced & were Opac not 100% clear. Also after I had them on for just over a year I started to notce samll hairline cracks in them. I found out that they redid there method & the last generation of clears solved the cracking problem. Eventily about 2 yers ago I lost my driverside marcker in a wreck & they were no longer avalible so I just have the amber bubble markers. Would love to go back with the clears.

You can see in this pic that its not 100% clear.

Hi Steve_N,

Very good question, which I'm happy you raised.

Best answer I can give you is that the material I use is water clear. It is U.V stabilised and does not become brittle over time. I have been supplying lenses for over 18 months, with customers in diverse places and climates such as Australia and Finland, and to date have no reports of 'clouding'

I am aware of these problems, as these were mentioned by the guys on www.gt4oc.net when I first started selling on there last July. Since then I have supplied 120+ pairs thru the forum alone, and have other resellers who have sold another 30+ pairs....and this is just ST205's :biglaugh: If you've got time, check out my thead that's been running on page 1 of the styling forum since then. There's plenty of feedback and pics on owners' cars.

Another thing is that the material I use has to be post baked for several hours to achieve the desired mechanical properties. If this is not done, the result will be brittle.

In terms of brightness/clarity here's a pic which might give you an idea
of what a couple of my clear Toyota fronts look like, these are the ST202 Celica....

p361470_1.jpg

and these are the ST205's....

p361470_2.jpg

These will give you an idea of what the Supra clear fronts would look like...not like the mirror finish 'crystal' clear types I have seen. I have a couple of pics of these in the casings which might help give a better idea, but I'll need to hunt them out.

Cheers for all the feedback, will keep you posted of progress

JB91389

decisions...decisions...
Jun 22, 2006
Ottawa
Check out MA70.com in Bishops Gallery theres a pic of a silver supra with those type of tailights. Also there is a blue one in Dan Mac's Gallery with thos lights.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
All your work for the supra is growing on me day by day....i'd prefer the rears without the chrome i think (though any chrome that IS there is hard to see?) because the black would go better with my BLACK car...lol.

Are red bulbs available for the rear side markers? If so I agree that making clear rears might be a nice addition.

I strongly believe that if you produced all the amber and red lenses in clear (debate on that red one) you could do well selling them if you had a decent price.... it seems like lots of people like them!! plus the fact that they have only been way overpriced, crappy, and discontinued.......it makes them even more desirable.

i'm only stating the obvious though...lol :D i really want a set!!!

LilMissmk3 - does the 88 + trim eliminate the rear markers? i dont see them on your car.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
nice. thanks. are both of you RHD? what about canada? i want to find a 1jz to import but i'm not sure i'd want RHD (this would be far in the future but i still like to dream...lol)