Virginia
1986 Mazda 626 I put to rest:

p382949_1.jpg

p382949_2.jpg

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
That looks a lot like my first car crash. My 1991 Ford Tempo...I was screwing around and fishtailing on a mountain road a lot like that one. I over corrected tward the side that drops off...then COMPLETELY over corrected in the direction of the hill and went up and flipped it like a pancake onto it's roof. I lost the very top of my left middle finger when the door frame rolled over onto my hand (I was trying to keep from hitting my head and grabbed the door frame). Brings back memories!!!

BTW...I got that one fixed and drove it around for another 3 years until the transmission died on it. People didn't believe that I had rolled it. When it happened (before I got the body work done), there was an imprint of my left hand in the door frame at the top where I grabbed it. :D

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
troy called it. minus the fishtailing, i was heading down a back road that they keep heavily graveled for the hell of it. hit a turn and a bad patch of gravel, overcorrected and clipped the bank on the other side. you can see the bank in both pics. took the front bumper and flipped me over, skidded about 50 feet before i ended upside down by my seatbelt. it probably woulda hurt unbuckling and falling on my head, but i cant really remember that :)

so yeah, first lesson of driving: get a car built for performance.

p383080_1.jpg

p383080_2.jpg

p383080_3.jpg

p383080_4.jpg

p383080_5.jpg

p383080_6.jpg

mama always said "never do a halfway job." i made her proud.

Troyota

Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
I knew it looked familiar. :D My seatbelts were those stupid automatic ones, so they locked and my passenger and I hung there upside down until I realized that I had to pull the release for them in the middle of the seats. It was a very sureal experience like a dream. My body was in shock, so even though my hand looked like Hamburger meat and was bleeding extensively. I was babbling about my car. :D

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
Troyota said:
I knew it looked familiar. :D My seatbelts were those stupid automatic ones, so they locked and my passenger and I hung there upside down until I realized that I had to pull the release for them in the middle of the seats. It was a very sureal experience like a dream. My body was in shock, so even though my hand looked like Hamburger meat and was bleeding extensively. I was babbling about my car. :D

exactly, i didnt really get the full extent of the situation at first. as im in the car, my first thought is well maybe i can drive it out of the ditch and tell mom i clipped the side. my second thought was damn, im gonna have to roll this over and then drive it home. my third thought: shit, that tire isnt sposed to be parallel right there.

any other takers on the mileage?

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
234270 or something like that with EVERYTHING original except the spark plugs and spark plug wires and battery. everything else in the engine and transmission (even the clutch) were in great condition...til this.

Troyota

Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
See...that's why it happened. The car was depressed that it hadn't had any major maintainance required yet. Now it does...:D

I have a growing respect for Mazdas...I think I'd like a MazdaSpeed 3.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I got 225k!!

By the way nice work. That back tire is funny as hell!!!!!!

We all posted at once thats funny...........................lol