Cheap Performance?

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
flubyux2 said:
who the fuck needs 550's and an afpr on a GE? youd be hard pressed to put down 500rwhp on a non-turbo 7M... the 550's are pointless. and the fact that you have to dial down the fuel pressure so much to get them to flow like stock under idle and cruise conditions would turn the spray patteren into a drizzle and result in a lot of fuel drop-out.

the NA is pointless... especially when there is an indentically swappable turbo variant.

with all that work, you guys arent even where a STOCK GTE motor is... wheres your torque?

and "Fast" is a quick word... got an power numbers and quarter mile times/traps to back up that statement for the cressida? im willing to bet its barely in the 14's, IF that.
My torque is 207 before the 550's and Maft-Pro. I think that is more than a stock turbo. My fuel pressure is at 36 lbs. NA being pointless? Guess that's just your opinion.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
AJ'S 88NA said:
My torque is 207 before the 550's and Maft-Pro. I think that is more than a stock turbo. My fuel pressure is at 36 lbs. NA being pointless? Guess that's just your opinion.
Assuming your 207 is at the wheels and 15% drive train loss, that is still less than the stock turbo (246 lb-ft at the crank).

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
swaq said:
Assuming your 207 is at the wheels and 15% drive train loss, that is still less than the stock turbo (246 lb-ft at the crank).
I guess it depends on what figures you go by, I read stock for the turbo is 240 at the crank, less 15%=204ft lb. But if you are right about the 246, then 246 less 15%=209ft lb. I guess I should have said "close to a stock turbo" But there again that rating is a factory torque rating which is questionable.

Anybody have any stock turbo dyno numbers?

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
like most of everyone said, do the matinence first, change your plugs to ngk iridium spark plugs and change oil to 5 quarts of full synthetic motor oil, flush the fuel system with an expensive fuel system cleaner ($10) and premium gas(shell v power) to get the sludge out. check all ground wires. u might want to replace them with quality amp power lines with good connectors. change tranny and differential fulids. these will probably not add power to the wheels on a dyno but it will free up your car and make it accelerate way quicker. kinda like a smoker and non smoker runnig a marathon. With every car i ever had i had put an intake at minimum. check out ebay for intakes for about $20 shipped. or u can just drill out your air cleaner housing before the filter. but i would rather do ebay. defintely do the first three things i said.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
swaq said:
Who has a stock turbo Supra anymore?
I read somewere here that somebody had stock nos. before their mods. I thought that's what a few on this thread we're comparing the NA mods to. I know most NA's mostly stock usally dyno around 150hp. Factory rates them at 200 crank hp. That's more like a 25% drive train loss. Just wondering if the turbo's have that much drivetrain loss also? If so that would put a mostly stock turbo around 165 rwhp.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
AJ'S 88NA said:
I read somewere here that somebody had stock nos. before their mods. I thought that's what a few on this thread we're comparing the NA mods to. I know most NA's mostly stock usally dyno around 150hp. Factory rates them at 200 crank hp. That's more like a 25% drive train loss. Just wondering if the turbo's have that much drivetrain loss also? If so that would put a mostly stock turbo around 165 rwhp.
More likely the engine has lost power due to old age.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
the cheapest way to get an N/A to go fast is with a very good nitrous system.

Individual port based system with a huge shot would be quite a terror, and the torque would be there INSTANTLY. No turbo lag, no waiting, just BOOM.

But of course if you're racing on the highway and run out of bottle, you lose...

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
Clip said:
matt, save your money. ive already looked for everything possible. im in the same position as you except ive got an 89. its definitely worth keeping it slow til you can do it right.
thanks for the post i will keep that in mind