www.facebook.com
AF1JZ said:
emiliorescigno said:
Cheap
Fast
Reliable

Pick any two.
Classic. Got a chuckle out of me.

x2. The basic contractor's pyramid. A little different of course, but the basic idea is the same.

Cheap parts are either really good (reliable with little performance) or have high performance (but will break or break something else quickly).

Go-fast goodies are either cheap (but not reliable) or reliable (but expensive)

Reliable parts are either cheap (but offer little to no performance gains) or high performance (but not cheap)

The end result? The more you spend on a high performance part, in theory, the longer it will last and be less likely to take something with it.

I personally have an 86.5 sports package that I've been diddling with over the past two years. When I cheaped out, it bit me in the ass. Save up and buy good parts the first time around. Don't be a typical (non caring) Supra owner and expect your "high performance" car to last when you feed it cheap stuff.

That's my $.02. :biglaugh:

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
I'm 18 and saving every dime until I get older to add go fast mods. Just baby it until you get enough money so you don't have to spend more in the long run.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Give up. You can't get it fast with no money. Look at me. All stock engine lol. I am in the same boat you are. Young and poor. I LOVE IT!

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Clip said:
matt, save your money. ive already looked for everything possible. im in the same position as you except ive got an 89. its definitely worth keeping it slow til you can do it right.
+1

Save your money for maintenance. This is an old car and things will wear out. If you don't have a lot of money, spending it all on mods that will probably make things wear out faster is not a good long term plan.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
BlackMKIII said:
x2. The basic contractor's pyramid. A little different of course, but the basic idea is the same.

Cheap parts are either really good (reliable with little performance) or have high performance (but will break or break something else quickly).

Go-fast goodies are either cheap (but not reliable) or reliable (but expensive)

Reliable parts are either cheap (but offer little to no performance gains) or high performance (but not cheap)

The end result? The more you spend on a high performance part, in theory, the longer it will last and be less likely to take something with it.

I personally have an 86.5 sports package that I've been diddling with over the past two years. When I cheaped out, it bit me in the ass. Save up and buy good parts the first time around. Don't be a typical (non caring) Supra owner and expect your "high performance" car to last when you feed it cheap stuff.

That's my $.02. :biglaugh:

It's all relative though. Just because a part is the most expensive of it's type on the market doesn't mean it's the best. Life is rarely that simple.

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
if you are going to go fast on the cheap nitrous is your best friend and since n one makes any real performance parts for an na its basicly your only choice so for abour 500$ you can have a have 50-75 extra horse power at the track and yes nitrous is safe when used correctly