Broke off my flywheel bolts 7M torque FTW!

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
IJ. said:
Just never had a slipping clutch that would hookup again during a pull, I can understand the scenario Nates talking about just never experienced it.

Usually once a clutch is slipping it's pretty well done.
not directly related, but my friends all trac did it once, it felt like we hit something hard, then we could smell the clutch. it worked for the ride home and such, but it WAS done after that little surge.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
http://www.diamondstarmotorsport.com/threespeed.shtml

Luckily, our Toyota cars use high quality components, and the bellhousing is fairly thick. I've never personally seen this happen on a Supra, so I don't want to scare anybody too much. Some of the $200 clutch kits do make you kinda wonder about the quality of the pressure plate though.

For 11.99 or lower ET and 135mph or higher, it is required by NHRA. 1/4" steel plate minimum.

Last edited:

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
My buddies drift corolla breaks flywheel bolts all the time ....

Weaksause Duane... Now go out and make a 1000 with spray...

While your doing that.... I'll be down trying to break your old number on race preped stock rods

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Here is the sheet :D

Bolts are basically in half but I don't have a pic right now. I think we can get 820 ish out of it with a proper clutch on boost np.

Duane

BIGAARON: Yes the NHRA rules are there but they are not strict on all of them and some don't apply to us Supras.
I plan to use this clutch for now and then wait for the next one twin or triple CF. This will do for now so no nitrous pulls until then. I put 100 miles on the clutch today :) ARP's are 30 bucks so just buy them.

LMAO at IJ

p583446_1.jpg

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
upgradedsupra said:
and I still don't lol :biglaugh:
Luckily, he's not the only guy around here with a camera. :D

New ARP's holding on the flywheel:
IMG_2423a.JPG

Picture of the engine bay, engine running, after we finished putting everything back together yesterday. I'm sure Duane isn't posting much right now because he's busy terrorizing all the local muscle cars again. ;)
IMG_2425a.JPG

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
duane, what kind of flywheel is that???? ive never taken mine apart, so i don't know what a stock flywheel looks like in our cars.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
That is some funny stuff Bri :biglaugh: Any guess on how much I would get if it wasn't slipping?

I was out doing as Dave said BTW :evil2:

Duane

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I remember being at toyota ordering gaskets and such and got a price quote on the fly bolts.. might as well get the arps, seriously. theres almost no price difference.