Bov

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Supra5MGTE said:
or you can just recirculate :) problem solved.
:werd:

the recirculation makes the bov sound just like your old bypass valve though since it eliminates the fin inside, but then again... no more running rich :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
re-circulating also helps keep the turbo in spool, which nobody mentioned yet. ;) hey, any little bit helps. if i'm boosting 15+ psi, that's 15psi of air rushing into my turbo between shifts!

-shaeff

Fastway135

Nov 7, 2005
Mass
Instead of recirculating I just ran both the ssqv and the stock bpv (if that even helps out with the richness).:dunno:

Still makes the chirp.:bigthumb:

mkiii88supra

Jan 15, 2006
PA
sounds to me like i should recirculate to make the car run the best. but how hard is this to do on a HKS SSQV? i dont want to have to buy something to make it recirculate if i dont have to.

diy guy

Jan 25, 2006
dallas
rakkasan said:
Sorry, but unless you have another device that meters how much air is released by the BOV (like a SAFR as Tubbie pointed out), the safc can not compensate. I think you're confusing draw thru vs blow thru maf.
what does a safr do differently than a safc? they're both piggybacks that use load, rpm, and tps to modify fuel.

the amount of air that is released is adjusted by the dec air setting...

from the safc manual:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

mkiii88supra

Jan 15, 2006
PA
where can i get the recirculating piece from? is all that happens from not recirculating it is that the car runs a little rich?