Boost gage and BOV. VAC.

snowball

Oct 22, 2005
MI
I am curious to know where you hook the boost gage up to (which vac. port specifically)
I had it on the right side of the two prongs on top of the TB. but I would not read and vac. pressure Only after I gave it a little gas (open the TB.). But I would read bost… so I then hooked it up to the AC vac. line. And would read 20 PSI Vac (idel) but I would not read any boost….

and where do you hook your 2nd (second) BOV vac. line up to… would it be alright to tap into the same vac line as the stock BOV…

I did search but all i got was

"do i need to get new IC piping if i get a new BOV. or do i need to get all new stuff"
-Thanks

luvs2slide

Boso Drifter
Apr 19, 2005
Shalimar, FL
When you say the back of the Manifold...which line are you reffering to??? Also My TB only has 1 small tube coming off it...unlike the USDM version. Can I use this? Or what is it used for?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
luvs2slide said:
When you say the back of the Manifold...which line are you reffering to??? Also My TB only has 1 small tube coming off it...unlike the USDM version. Can I use this? Or what is it used for?

back of manifold- like the BACK of the car....the rear-facing side... the only side with a straight nipple facing the firewall....:3d_frown:

no, you can't use any of the nipples on the TB (you have a JDM TB). they're for emissions and have to do w/part throttle, etc.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
heh, either that or use the line that goes to the stock boost sensor, since you have an aftermarket gauge now, the stock one is even more useless.

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
supra90turbo said:
heh, either that or use the line that goes to the stock boost sensor, since you have an aftermarket gauge now, the stock one is even more useless.
makes sense to me, lol.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
sure does. many don't like that though, as the stock boost needle will just lay dead at the bottom of the gauge.
Voltmeters are easy enough though.

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
supra90turbo said:
sure does. many don't like that though, as the stock boost needle will just lay dead at the bottom of the gauge.
Voltmeters are easy enough though.
thats what Colin (mkIIIman089) did, short swap out, and you have a factory Voltmeter.