Blue CC Temp Display!

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Hey guys, I'm working on another member's interior electronics so I decided that while I was doing his I'd redo my CC.

It was a pain in the ass! And *NO* I did not use any colored film to get the display blue. The 7 segment units I used are made by Liteon, as far as I could find they make the only blue 7 segment displays available. It is not a direct replacement part.

I did replace the green plastic lens which sits behind the part with the "TEMP" label with some 20% window tint.

CRE_CC.jpg

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
agreed, I want that as well, HL and I can both send ours to ya, that way you can double up the job...lol

seriously, do a write-up...offer to do it for us, or stop posting this stuff that I want...it makes me crazy! :eek3dance

:biglaugh:

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
CRE, i tip my hat to you. ive been looking for a different color display for some time now, and was nervous i'd have to resort to making a dot matrix display with engine compartment temp and ouside temp, plus inside and set temperatures. it'd be a pain in the ass, but you've offered another way out. any way you could do mine like that, with red replacing the blue?

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
Even though he did a nice job there was someone already on here that was selling their services for you to send them your cc to change the colors to w/e you wanted.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
First off, this thread is not about anything on the CC other than the temp display. I haven't seen anyone swap the stock dual 7 segment green display with a blue one.... there's not a pin compatible display available in blue. Yes, there is a compatible red display available, and it's been done a couple times.

Second, I will not be doing a writeup on this. It's very involved, requires the etching of a thin PCB as an adapter and the soldering and drilling has to be extremely precise. I know there are a couple members who can manage the feat, but it also takes a lot of time, patience, and attention to detail.

I am considering offering to do it for others for cash or possibly even parts that I need that you may already have... I'm still undecided. If you're absolutely dying for it PM me.

Last edited:

bluefalcon1

Jun 14, 2005
Houston, tx
Gentlemen, Gentlemen.... You are missing the point here. CRE has been able to change the digital display on the Climate Control. Replaceing LED's is one thing. The Digital display is quite another. Give the man credit where credit is due. Show me someone else with the digital display in anything other than green or Red. Blue and white just doesn't exist for our CC. Replacement of the bulbs in the dash is a piece of cake. The real challenge is the digital clock and digital display on the CC.

G R E A T
J O B...

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Thanks bluefalcon!

The clock'll be done in a little while. I'm aiming for everything matching. I've already done my window switches, foglight, defroster and cruise switches. All I've got left is the clock and then...... guages. In a nice clean white with sharp red needles. All LED lit of course, but not those bulb replacements.

I've got something else in the works, but I'm working with my cousin on it so it's going to take quite a while... lazy (overworked, really) engineer.... he really needs to quit his job and just finish what I've started.

BTW - bluefalcon's CC was my #1 lab rat! Buwahahahaha.... cough....hahahahah.... hack...haha...hrmm His TEMS was #2. And his clock's still on the bench awaiting a new head.