big single

BigPants

Apr 12, 2006
Tucson, AZ
now im sure theres been a thread on this but i was wondering which was best, for how much, and where to get it. im gonna port and polish the head and make everything flow pretty. i originally wanted to go big twins but due to my finacial situation i cant afford it. :( but i was looking into this set up
http://www.manictechracing.com/grt78tukit1j.html . lemme know whatcha all think.:evil2: ummm....also this may sound stupid but, will i need to install a metal head gasket like a hks or something of the sort? because from what i understood is that you dont need to like you would a 7m? i wish to make ~600 and alot more after i do internals.:1zhelp:

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yes, do some more research. Here's why:

1. The 1JZ already has a MHG :)
2. You can build your own kit for half that price.

Just to get you looking in the right direction, for 600hp, you will need larger injectors for the engine (2JZ 550cc injectors work well), you will probably need a new fuel pump as well. You will need a larger intercooler, as well, that's easy to find. You will need some sort of piggyback engine management system, or even a standalone system if you choose. You will need a turbo manifold and wastegate, you can get them on ebay. The last thing would be a turbo, but I wouldn't be able to point you to one of the right size. I would suggest searching these forums, as well as SupraForums.com.

BigPants

Apr 12, 2006
Tucson, AZ
annoyingrob said:
Yes, do some more research. Here's why:

1. The 1JZ already has a MHG :)
2. You can build your own kit for half that price.

Just to get you looking in the right direction, for 600hp, you will need larger injectors for the engine (2JZ 550cc injectors work well), you will probably need a new fuel pump as well. You will need a larger intercooler, as well, that's easy to find. You will need some sort of piggyback engine management system, or even a standalone system if you choose. You will need a turbo manifold and wastegate, you can get them on ebay. The last thing would be a turbo, but I wouldn't be able to point you to one of the right size. I would suggest searching these forums, as well as SupraForums.com.

yes this i already know which is why i asked if the "hks type" is needed. i know all about the fuel and engine management its all common sense and has all the taken care of all i want to know is what i asked:naughty: im not new to supras at all this is my 4th one.:biglaugh: and i will not put a ebay manifold or turbo on my 1jz ever. maybe on my 7m but never on my 1jz....i mean come on thats just outta line:nono:

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
It's not like the company "Ebay" produces the manifold... There are a lot of bad sellers, selling crap... If you do a little research you can find awsome parts with amazing deals!

BigPants

Apr 12, 2006
Tucson, AZ
OneJoeZee said:
yeah, there was little to no logic in that statement. what's wrong with the manifolds on ebay?

bad experiences i dont like the idea of not really knowing what im going to get. just the way i am. i mean if somebody bought a turbo kit off ebay and it looked good then i would buy from them. too many ppl out there trying to rip the other off. but whatever still havent gotten any answers! lol:nono:

I

itr206

Judging by your posts since you got that car, i would sell it to someone who will do it right. If I remember correctly, you wanted nitrous for the twins for spoolup eventhough you never drove it yet , but heard they didnt spool well. :cry:

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
If i were you i would be happy with the 1J, but your talking about replacing twin for single... It would basicly be a 2.5 7M w/ a big ass turbo! Not that that is a bad thing...

I think the kit looks great!:evil2:

Off topic but... How does your 1J hold up in this AZ heat? Im from Phoenix, and im trying to go 1J... PM me please:biglaugh:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
suprra_girl said:
bad experiences lol
have you ever owned one of the manifolds LOL

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's
brother's girlfriend heard from this
guy who knows this kid who's going
with a girl who saw a header crack
at the races last night. I guess
it's pretty serious.

BigPants

Apr 12, 2006
Tucson, AZ
itr206 said:
Judging by your posts since you got that car, i would sell it to someone who will do it right. If I remember correctly, you wanted nitrous for the twins for spoolup eventhough you never drove it yet , but heard they didnt spool well. :cry:
dude wtf that does not pertain to my question what so ever either help me or shut the fuck up. and the nitrous was for off the line...and guess what? it IS a slug off the line just as i suspected so you can shut ur mouth im tired of all this shit talking that goes on these forums. im asking for opinions and answers to the questions ASKED. GOT IT?! GOOD! im not a bad person just because im curious about something! i come on here to find out about stuff i DONT know so that i can build my car right! i did my 7m right and ill do this one right as well.....and i would thank those of you who helped....but unfortunatly nobody did....except for 87 soup, thank you! :)