BHG?,Valve seals? carbon build up

mx83

jzx81
Apr 1, 2007
Toronto
I did a compression test today to my 7mge.. cylinder 1,2,3,,5 read 200 psi..... But then this is where im concerned about my motor... cylinder 4-6 read at 90 psi. Wht do u guys think is wrong wit the motor? i only have 150,000 km on this motor. CDN milage just to let u guys know...........

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
mx83;981988 said:
I did a compression test today to my 7mge.. cylinder 1,2,3,,5 read 200 psi..... But then this is where im concerned about my motor... cylinder 4-6 read at 90 psi. Wht do u guys think is wrong wit the motor? i only have 150,000 km on this motor. CDN milage just to let u guys know...........
Have you noticed white foam inside the oil cap, or white smoke out the tailpipe?

mx83

jzx81
Apr 1, 2007
Toronto
AJ'S 88NA;982019 said:
Have you noticed white foam inside the oil cap, or white smoke out the tailpipe?[/QUOTE

well i remeber last summer, on a hot day started my motor and for some reason thick smoke came out the exhaust pipe and my mechanic said i might have a valve seal leak ... but then it stoped and never happened again ...and to this date never at all smoke came out the tailpipe..... soo i dont know whts goin on

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
mx83;982058 said:
AJ'S 88NA;982019 said:
Have you noticed white foam inside the oil cap, or white smoke out the tailpipe?[/QUOTE

well i remeber last summer, on a hot day started my motor and for some reason thick smoke came out the exhaust pipe and my mechanic said i might have a valve seal leak ... but then it stoped and never happened again ...and to this date never at all smoke came out the tailpipe..... soo i dont know whts goin on
Try a few drops of oil in the cylinders that were low and see if the compression changes. If not could be some bent valves, carbon build up, which could be the higher readings on the others.
Really should have a leak down test done that will point you a little closer in the right direction. You didn't say if you noticed anything in the oil or coolant. Or if you are loosing any oil or coolant.

mx83

jzx81
Apr 1, 2007
Toronto
well im loosing coolent because my rad is shit and im only loosing like a have a qaut every 5000 km....... soo i might have to do wht u said .... do a leak down test

Jkm3141

Jul 18, 2007
Rochester, NY
When was your last oil change? I would do one and check for coolant in your oil. You can never have too often an oil change and oil is relatively cheap. Its a great way to check for a BHG, from my experiances.