Bee *R Rev Limiter

macdaddys

Jul 10, 2009
temecula
Okay I have been curious as to weither or not anyone here has used or has any knowledge on if they would work on a non turbo 7m. and hell if you got one for sale hit me up via PM ^_^ thanks!

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I thought the whole point of a rev limiter was to build boost off of the line? What do you plan to accomplishby installing one on an N/A? I mean, no turbo; no boost. Why not install a intercooler and BOV on your NA while your at it?

Save yourself the hassle. Either build your n/a, do a turbo conversion or drop in a 7MGTE and be done with it.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
MarkIII4Me;1572396 said:
I thought the whole point of a rev limiter was to build boost off of the line? What do you plan to accomplishby installing one on an N/A? I mean, no turbo; no boost. Why not install a intercooler and BOV on your NA while your at it?

Save yourself the hassle. Either build your n/a, do a turbo conversion or drop in a 7MGTE and be done with it.

I thought the rev limiter allows you to mash the gas and the limiter keeps you at the perfect RPM so you can dump the clutch and launch. Doesn't have to be a turbo car to take advantage of it.

I could be wrong but that was my understanding of it.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
You can use the Bee*R rev limiter as a 2-step, but if I'm not mistaken you can also raise (or lower) the redline.

OP: when raising the redline and revving to a higher RPM, you should get stronger valve springs and go to a shimless bucket set up so you don't spit shims. You also need to make sure that your head and cams can flow the volume of air, and that your rotating assembly (especially rod bolts) can withstain the g-forces involved with higher revs

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
wow this sorta went on a tangent. to answer your question. yes. you can put it on your car. this should help you understand a bit, although this is a write up for a 1jz not a 7m

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...ev-limiter-Installation-Guide-(JZA70-specific)

If you think the rev limiter is cool then do it. its your car. oh and you cannot raise the rev limit with just the Bee*R unless you first disable the stock one. if you don't then the stock rev limiter will cut fuel when you rev to high.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Moy;1572551 said:
You can use the Bee*R rev limiter as a 2-step, but if I'm not mistaken you can also raise (or lower) the redline.

OP: when raising the redline and revving to a higher RPM, you should get stronger valve springs and go to a shimless bucket set up so you don't spit shims. You also need to make sure that your head and cams can flow the volume of air, and that your rotating assembly (especially rod bolts) can withstain the g-forces involved with higher revs
You're mistaken, can't raise it above the factory hard limit, you can lower it though.