Back seat modifications

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Suprarook said:
....just think about all of cars on this planet that have three seat belts in the back seat and how many of those middle belts are lap belts ????

About 95% right?

How many of those cars have an actual 3rd seat in the rear?

You think that little hump between the two real rear seats counts as a seat? That seatbelt on the japanese model doesn't mean anything to me. I wouldn't ever sit there.

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
wisconsin/illinois border
I don't want to piss everyone off here, look I never said I had three children to put in the back, I was curious if the modification could be done and/or possibly in the Japanese market.
How many people belt up their children in the back seat of their car with three belts? Do u all mean to tell me that every parent in the world with three children have a minivan? ----news to me....

Oh...and by the way, how many of you actually would swear on a stack of bibles that you buckle your seatbelt each and everytime you get drive??Whether or not you buckle up or not, you don't have to answer that question because each and everyone of you know the answers to this question...

P. S. I would die for my children if it came down to that.....why would I want to put them in harms way?????????????????

OUT

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Suprarook said:
Oh...and by the way, how many of you actually would swear on a stack of bibles that you buckle your seatbelt each and everytime you get drive??W

I'll swear on my penis I buckle up everytime I go any further than my driveway.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
I buckle, but without the airbag, I guess it's a death trap anyway:D But when I was a little kid, I always sat in the middle to see out of the window, ofcourse not buckled with the 3rd belt. Kinda scary to think now, that I was a potential missile :)

s_and_c

Nov 19, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Suprarook said:
Oh...and by the way, how many of you actually would swear on a stack of bibles that you buckle your seatbelt each and everytime you get drive??

It's already second nature for me. Get in car, put on seatbelt.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Suprarook said:
P. S. I would die for my children if it came down to that.....why would I want to put them in harms way?????????????????
OUT

well thats what youd be doing in my opinion if you shoved the third kid in there in the middle with a rigged lap belt in the supra.

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
lol someone else probably said this already but i think the real question is:

"Is there some type of mod that can be done to the back seating area to convert it to seat two??"

Honestly good luck with that if you havent figured anything out already... i ripped my out for being a pointless waste of weight and space.

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
I know the mod well......to seat two you need to pull both the front seats out and have the driver and passenger sitting on milk crates, I don't have the link but if I do it I will post some pics.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Suprarook said:
I know the mod well......to seat two you need to pull both the front seats out and have the driver and passenger sitting on milk crates, I don't have the link but if I do it I will post some pics.

Yeah i have actually done that. Its suprising how good it works for how easy it is to do.

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
yeah easy and cheap, but I've yet to find a decal that 'advertises' that type of seating mod, maybe I'll contact Dean foods for a milk sticker, that way everyone knows how I'm rollin'