Back seat modifications

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
wisconsin/illinois border
Well I am not sure that a Supra would be much more unsafe than my neighbors Civic , but he has three seat belts in the rear and just about the same width of the rear compartment, only my Supra has a greater length rear crumple zone and seems more built like a tank than the aluminum civic boys can..no disrespect.

Saying "unsafe" in any type car is like telling your kids that playing in the olympic size 6' deep pool is ok, and the beach at the lake is bad because the lake is bigger (even though it doesn't go past 3' in the entire swimming section.....................

So all 'unsafe' comments aside, does anyone have a link or some valuable info on a Japanese rear seat for my Supra?

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
I got hit in a supra

I was doing out 30 and we figure thet lady that hit me was doing about 70

my buddie got really bad wipelash and i was fine

i get out and im PISSED iv only had the car maby a week

AND SHE TAKES OFFF!!!!(im supridesd her car even ran you sould have seen the front end)

so we jump in the supra and chase her. unfotunaly we lost her(dam)

so we find place to pull over jump out and go to take a look at the damage. NOTHING i kid you not there was a scratch in the out line of her lisence plate no frame or suspetion that iv found to this day. by now im pissed my buddies pissed so we go do what we were going to do in the first.(it involed women) I go to drop my buddie off at home and guess whose car i find parked out side his apartment? yep you guessed it the crumple of a reck geo metro that hit me so we go and investigat and i find 2 inentaions on her front bumper that are a direct match to my muffler.

wanna know the kicker we found out she was his next door to him in the apartments.

yes i called the police and got every one needed in volved

morle of the story supras are tanks goood old toyota

Last edited:

BigTree

Targa JZA70 FTW
Jan 6, 2007
Canada, BC
wait wait wait....A geo metro lost you? In a supra????

P.S My JZA70 has 3 seatbelts in the back as well. I could only find 2 receivers though... May be under the seat or something.

I will try and find some time (might end up being next week and take the seat out and take pics of it for you.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I hear all these stories of how MKIII's are tanks... I'd REALLY like to know what happened to mine in that case.

As for the rear seat thing, you might try contacting one of the front clip importers. It's probably something they don't get much call for si it might not cost an absolute fortune.

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
wisconsin/illinois border
hey man, pics would be great.

and yeah, a geo metro smoked a supra. Now that I think about it, I heard that certain model year Metros (lol) had a downsized Corvette motor in them, they called it the LT-WTF !!!!!!!!!!! he he

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
JDM rear seat with 3 belts.

Back%20Seat.JPG

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
if you think its a good idea to have your own child in the back middle seat with just a lap belt, then i feel sorry for him god forbid you crash and he gets propelled through the windshield like a missile.

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
BigTree said:
wait wait wait....A geo metro lost you? In a supra????

P.S My JZA70 has 3 seatbelts in the back as well. I could only find 2 receivers though... May be under the seat or something.

I will try and find some time (might end up being next week and take the seat out and take pics of it for you.

yah stupid red light

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
supra90turbo said:
Meaning what? The rear seats are the same JDM or USDM

Get a rear-facing bench like in an old station wagon ;)

not at all, look at a recaro interior supra then a usdm one, 3 seat belts.

nvm pic posted.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Don't bash the metro's guys, I've got one too ;). There are metros running around here that will flat out smoke the majority of the supra's on here, mine included. Check this site out and you'll know what I mean: www.teamswift.net

Before the bashing starts, think of the average 1/4 mile all of the members on here combined have ;).

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Suprarook said:
....just think about all of cars on this planet that have three seat belts in the back seat and how many of those middle belts are lap belts ????

About 95% right?

thats how you are going to justify putting your kids lives at risk?

Last edited: