Autotrader.com $29,000.00 mk3?

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
if our cars where owned by older mature owners with more money they would be worht 29 k just like the supra... problem for the mk3 was there was too many of them and there are too many poor examples going around.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
LOL @ $29K!!!!!!!!!

Even though it is a nice example... Mine is in the same/better condition (sorry, WAS, before it was stolen!)... I was offered $17K (no way would i sell her though!)...

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
That car has been up for a long long time.
He will never get anywhere near 29k for it.
I've been tempted to go look at it, but I've lived in Washington my whole life and I don't even know where the hell Clinton is...

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
If Mint 93-98's are truly going for $30,000...

Then there is NO reason that Mint 86.5-92's can't go for a reasonable price.

The only reason you guys "LOL" at these high prices are because you're probably used to ragged out & abused MKIII's...truth be told, if it wasn't for part of our reputation, $29,000 wouldn't be such a needle in a haystack.

Our cars are only becoming harder to find, harder to keep mint & more and more are being "parted out" and scrapped every day.

The day will come when that guy gets his complete $29,000.

-Jeff

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Zazzn said:
if our cars where owned by older mature owners with more money they would be worht 29 k just like the supra... problem for the mk3 was there was too many of them and there are too many poor examples going around.

stupid, an MK3 is a Supra....

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
kylefoto said:
That car has been up for a long long time.
He will never get anywhere near 29k for it.
I've been tempted to go look at it, but I've lived in Washington my whole life and I don't even know where the hell Clinton is...
Mukilteo--> Clinton ferry...

It's been forsale since I bought mine 2 years ago although I think he's asking alot more now... I'm about 15 minutes and a ferry ride away, I'm almost tempted to go look at it (to verify its existence)

tea_mkIII

Aug 3, 2006
Claudville, VA
everyone overlooked what Jeff said and he's totally right...idk if its worth 29,000 but that car in that condition could go for 20k. only 30k miles and look at it, its beautiful, the interior is spotless, has anyone else seen an interior unaltered that looks like that? no. the car is spotless, he's right, one day that guy will get what hes looking for out of that car.

JoeyD

Feb 5, 2007
Oceanside, CA
people are just a~holes. like how freakin' expensive Mark IV's are & now that those AE86' are so popular.. even if it's not a true trueno or even a GT-S for that matter people are still trying to sell em for like $4k - $10k now even though KBB says less then $1k.

shame on them!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Boost Lee said:
If Mint 93-98's are truly going for $30,000...

Then there is NO reason that Mint 86.5-92's can't go for a reasonable price.

The only reason you guys "LOL" at these high prices are because you're probably used to ragged out & abused MKIII's...truth be told, if it wasn't for part of our reputation, $29,000 wouldn't be such a needle in a haystack.

Our cars are only becoming harder to find, harder to keep mint & more and more are being "parted out" and scrapped every day.

The day will come when that guy gets his complete $29,000.

-Jeff

I don't think you're thinking this through well enough.

There are too many MK3s for them to be worth any kind of premium like that. Hell, they made more in '89 than the entire run of MKIVs combined.

I doubt the MK3 will ever appreciate that much.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
OneJoeZee said:
I don't think you're thinking this through well enough.

There are too many MK3s for them to be worth any kind of premium like that. Hell, they made more in '89 than the entire run of MKIVs combined.

I doubt the MK3 will ever appreciate that much.
true, there are a lot more MKIIIs but how many MKIV's are being parted out and scraped? while MKIII's are being taken out by the dozens.... any you can't say that they are "common" cars concitering you dont see that many out on the road and running.....little own ones that look like they rolled off the showroom floor. Even when I took a trip to the toyota dealership to pick up some parts the dealers about s**t their pants to even see mine in the condition that its in, one of them told me he hasn't seen one in almost a year....

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Ok. So let's say Supras started appreciating by a significant amount. who's going to buy them? You guys?

Price is dictated by the buyer and the majority of people, MK3 owners included, say most of them are worth lint and buttons.

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
OneJoeZee said:
Ok. So let's say Supras started appreciating by a significant amount. who's going to buy them? You guys?

Price is dictated by the buyer and the majority of people, MK3 owners included, say most of them are worth lint and buttons.

How much did you pay for yours? Thats ALOT of lint and buttons.