Anyone had serious offers to buy your car?

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
I don't mean like online where people like to pretend they can buy things they can't. OR when you put your car up for sale :icon_razz . But like serious offers: trade their car + cash or just cash, something like that.

I've had 6 that I can think of and my Supra is NOT special by any means. And what surpised me the most is that 3 of them were "older" (don't mean to offend some ;)), like in their later 30's.

I dunno, I guess it's just weird to me because I'm HUGE into cars and even if I had the money I really don't think I would just go up to someone and offer to buy their car.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
yes, on LOTS of occasions...

a japanese guy in his 40's tried to buy mine one night... he collected supra's :D

and yes, i would walk up to someone and offer to buy their car, and I plan on doing it (MINT black mkii p-type back home) when i get how much I think it's worth, I'm goin knockin'

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
A guy tried to buy mine for cash from my wife last month when she picked our son up from school. She didn't even let him make an offer, because I just had it painted and she thought there wasn't a price I would take. I told her if anybody is ever stupid enough to offer $10k cash to jump at it and I would grab up another and go 1J. ;)

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Shytheed Dumas said:
A guy tried to buy mine for cash from my wife last month when she picked our son up from school. She didn't even let him make an offer, because I just had it painted and she thought there wasn't a price I would take. I told her if anybody is ever stupid enough to offer $10k cash to jump at it and I would grab up another and go 1J. ;)
He probably wanted to test drive something else :stickpoke:

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
I guess I'm just surpised because my car isn't that nice and doesn't have extremely low miles or something.

I would sell one of my Supras for the right price, but the one I keep getting offers on is my FIRST car and I just can't bring myself to sell it, for any price. I don't want to be one of those old guys saying "I wish I had never gotten rid of that car" :)

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
i had that problem lots of times. even found notes stuck under the wipers offering me cash. but then around the time it was up for sale, no one wanted a supra.

man, i miss my supra.................

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
I've had a couple, one recently was a guy driving a 1st gen 300zx. I was sitting on a highway a couple weeks ago when we had our big snow storm and the highway was pure ice and we were moving a couple feet every 5 minutes. My brake fluid in my clutch was getting low (master cylinder needs to be replaced) and I got out to refill it and the guy rolls down his window and asks if I want to sell my supra. I told him no of course, but he asked again anyways. haha. He hadn't seen the front end though. hahaha.

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
I had a kid at my school make me an offer on my old supra. It was an 89 Turbo 5-speed Hardtop Grey with 190K on it. I bought it for 2500 and he offered me 6K for it...needless to say I sold it on the spot, bought the 87 I have now and went 1jz.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I've had several offers along the road....but what I get most of is guys (of the Babyboomer era;)) stop me, stare me down, follow me, or give me thumbs up and a fatass smile. :D

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I have never had anyone want to buy my car!!! But I do seem to get alot of people that pull beside me and yell things like you suck you NA Gay Ass Homo Blue Bastard. Do you guys think thats odd???? :icon_bigg

Fozbo

7M Love
Apr 4, 2005
Norman, Oklahoma
I had a mid-aged salesman at a toyota dealership walk over to the back (I was going to the parts department) to ask me if I wanted to sell the supra to him personally. He talked a little bit about how he always liked the way these looked. Then at some gas station there was a mid-aged guy filling up his truck and he asked me if it was a 1988 model (caught me off-guard that he even knew the general time frame). I told him it was an 89 and he told me that he was looking around for a decent one to restore and asked if I wanted to sell it.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I had someone ask me if I wanted to sell my Supra not too long after I bought it, and I said no. I probably should have asked how much he was willing to offer, though I'm not sure if he was actually serious. I've also had a note left on my car two or three times. I never called... I suppose I should just to see what they would offer, but I don't really want to sell. The last note I got was a photocopied one and it was left on my Subaru as well. I was kind of flattered, until I saw the same note on a Civic.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
No serious offers to buy my car yet, but i have had ALLOT of complete strangers come up to me and compliment and tell me to never sell it.