Anyone had serious offers to buy your car?

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
I don't know how 'serious' they were but while the motor was being rebuilt the car was outside the Mercedes dealer where I worked and tons of people stopped and asked the salesmen if it was for sale.
One kid said he didn't care if it ran or not, he wanted it.
Of course price was never mentioned.

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
yeah. I had this snoby nissan salesman get my attention at a gas station trying to buy my white car. The guy wouldn't even get out of the car or look at me much. just looked out his windshield most the time. when I said no he gave me his card like i might call him or something. I hate car salesmen. even if she was for sale I wouldn't sell it to him.
I've had some offers on the 88 too....now that i think about it i get offers more than i think, but i've always said no so nobody said a price. Listen man, you get anymore of those 12,XXX+ offers send them my way.:icon_bigg

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
Ive had a couple of offers, they all seem to come up when im pumping gas.
Usually its an older gentlemen, ive been asked to sell on the spot for 3-5k.I told them i just got it and i love it, but i would help them find one if they would like. Usually by then there like n/m cause i wanted yours(even with rust, oxy paint, and n/a)

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
Was offered $15k for mine this past summer. Guy lives down the street from me, probably in his late 40's. I was flattered, but I had just finished my T78 swap that day, so I turned him down.

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
WeDgE said:
Was offered $15k for mine this past summer. Guy lives down the street from me, probably in his late 40's. I was flattered, but I had just finished my T78 swap that day, so I turned him down.
Who cares what you just had done to it!!! 15K, he would have had me at 10K much less 15K

There is a lot more that you could have gotten with 15K but I guess you can't really put a price on our cars - they are all special to us.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
OneJoeZee said:
If someone seriously offered you 12k for your supra, you would have been smart to take it no questions asked.
meh... they were offering more like 13-14, but, like i said, i don't wanna sell

112k on chassis
18k mile on bottem end of the 7m-gte
head has 3k miles on it

i'm slowly but surely fixing every problem the car has, and it's my DD

in other words, it won't be long at all till the car operates perfectly, and i don't feel like trying to find another car right now

and it's a wonderful DD too 20ish mpg in the city, 30mpg on the dot on the highway

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Boost Lee said:
...but what I get most of is guys (of the Babyboomer era;)) stop me, stare me down, follow me, or give me thumbs up and a fatass smile. :D
That has nothing to do with your car, they want some Big Korean sexy time;)

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
89jdm7m said:
meh... they were offering more like 13-14, but, like i said, i don't wanna sell

112k on chassis
18k mile on bottem end of the 7m-gte
head has 3k miles on it

i'm slowly but surely fixing every problem the car has, and it's my DD

in other words, it won't be long at all till the car operates perfectly, and i don't feel like trying to find another car right now

and it's a wonderful DD too 20ish mpg in the city, 30mpg on the dot on the highway
:slap:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
JustAnotherVictim said:
I would have and then found another.
I know, right? I don't care if I just bought the car or just finished rebuilding the engine. If someone shoved 14k in my face, it's theirs no questions asked.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
i got offered 5k cdn once. it was the 2nd day after i got it hehe. i turned the guy down but now i see him every once in a while and he asks me if im ready to sell it or what am i doin to it. hehe it was one of my neighbors! haha.