Am I the only stock car in here?

sluggo42

Aug 9, 2007
Socal
Seems like everyone has a 300 HP car in here. Am I the only one who loves a stock supe? Auto and QUIET!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
sluggo42;992504 said:
Seems like everyone has a 300 HP car in here. Am I the only one who loves a stock supe? Auto and QUIET!

HAH, i used to have that mindset, then i got owned by an intrepid and said fuck that.

You start wanting little things and before you know it your in your garage at 5 in the morning with half your engine on the floor and a new turbo in your hands. It'll happen before you realize it, and i hope you remember reading this when you do. :) It'll be a good moment.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I can truly appreciate a bone stock, well maintained, and unmolested Supra. I could daily drive one, too.

I could NOT, however, satisfy my insatiable lust for power, handling, and overall rush of a heavily modified car.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
shaeff;992610 said:
I can truly appreciate a bone stock, well maintained, and unmolested Supra. I could daily drive one, too.

I could NOT, however, satisfy my insatiable lust for power, handling, and overall rush of a heavily modified car.

you couldnt have said it better

sluggo42

Aug 9, 2007
Socal
shaeff;992610 said:

I bought mine without knowing what it was, just something to drive rather than my slightly modified cummins dodge.
It is my daily driver because it's soooo smooth on the freeway, cruises at 80 with ease, handles better than I had any idea it would, and when clean, it looks very cool. (black with dark tint)
It cracks me up that it gets a TON of looks.
I know in supra terms it's slow motion in reverse, but in my butt meter, it goes pretty fast. It's a lot different from my cummins which is a very different power (350ish hp and 750ish tq)
I love the comfy power seats, and the stereo sounds great.

Now that said, I imagine another 100 hp in the supe would probably be off the hook, but I don't want to make the car less reliable while I have my wife in college. (rather expensive). But, when she gets done in a year, I might have to let Aaron keep the car for a few weeks.... and $6-7K...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I live by the motto: if it breaks fix it right with either OEM or a better aftermarket part.

-Intercooler pipes cracking, went to hardpipes.
-Stock intake box won't fit with new IC pipes, new intake.
-Broken downpipe at the flex section, DDP.
-Cat's going out and the exhaust is rusting out, new high flow cat and exhaust from Raptor.

It never ends I tell yah...