ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
sm_photo_missing.jpg

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Damn man, if you don't have a stand either wait or at least get the wheel you just took off under the frame.

Yes, it's a terribly stupid thing to do. Yes, it could have ended up alot worse. Yes, other people do this all the time... hopefully a few of them will learn from this as well.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
flight doc89 said:
now would be a good time to post that pic of the guy changing his tranny with the truck tilted over on a 2x4.
**I can't find it, damnit!

j00 suck at teh Internetz!!111 11 eleventy 11 one!

jackassjackstand.jpg

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Seriously. ALWAYS use a jackstand and I always rock the car a bit, to ensure it is steady and safe.

I'd rather DESTROY the car vs my body! The car can be fixed, you know?

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
i only read the idiots post....ok and a few others but still..

it's very up most important to be the safest you can while working in potentialy dangerous situations.

i was working on a vw sandrail, (vw bug suspension) and i over sprung the passenger torsen spring. and my jack flipped, needless to say mistakes were made.

gore bloody pic...

p532898_1.jpg

i have to work every day with this staring me in my face, and most people dont even know the trouble it's cause me.

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
pimptrizkit said:
i only read the idiots post....ok and a few others but still..

it's very up most important to be the safest you can while working in potentialy dangerous situations.

i was working on a vw sandrail, (vw bug suspension) and i over sprung the passenger torsen spring. and my jack flipped, needless to say mistakes were made.

gore bloody pic...

i have to work every day with this staring me in my face, and most people dont even know the trouble it's cause me.
OMG I'm SO FU*KING LUCKY!!!!

I'm SORRY about your hand! That seriously sucks, but.... Thank you for shareing it with us! No one on SM will have to make this mistake again!!!

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
My car almost fell over while on jackstands

sm_photo_missing.jpg

It was on 4 stands for about 2 months, this is what the ones on the front of the car looked like when I put the car down. I don't know when it went like that, I didn't notice till after I took them out. And I was under the car alot over those two months doing floor repairs and exhaust work.

Needless to say I went and took back my 6 ton jack stands that my buddy was borring. The ones pictures are 2 ton stands.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I knew a girl who's boyfriend died about 5 months ago from working under a car without jackstands... jack failed, crushed him. I will never put any part of my body under a car without jack stands.