A moment of silence.....

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
D34DC311 said:
Anyone who has lost their first supra or any supra knows that a part of them dies with the car. So technically one of us did pass away, everyone has their blood sweat and tears put into these things.

Yep, I know what you mean...I lost my first Supra (also my first car) to an idiot reaching down to get his cell phone...I think the worst part is, that a large percentage of these accidents could be avoided. Accidents DO happen, but if people were more aware of their surroundings and stopped talking on the phone, and basically just letting themselves be distracted while driving...

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
That is a shame. Too late for him but effective July 1, 2008 it'll be illegal in California to use a cell in the car unless it's hands free. $250 for the first offense, $50 thereafter. Exceptions are made for emergency calls.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
^That should be mandatory for every state IMO. I refrain from answering calls while driving, and VERY rarely make them while in the car. Being a manual makes it even more important to pay attention to what you are doing. IMO a manual tranny made me a better driver when I made the switch...

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
jetjock said:
That is a shame. Too late for him but effective July 1, 2008 it'll be illegal in California to use a cell in the car unless it's hands free. $250 for the first offense, $50 thereafter. Exceptions are made for emergency calls.

Did you get that backwards JJ?

They cut you a break as a repeat offender?

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
starscream5000 said:
^That should be mandatory for every state IMO. I refrain from answering calls while driving, and VERY rarely make them while in the car. Being a manual makes it even more important to pay attention to what you are doing. IMO a manual tranny made me a better driver when I made the switch...

As it did for me as well.

You pay more attention to what YOUR doing, and when you pay attention to that, everyone benefits.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Ugh. My mistake. That's $20 for the first and $50 thereafter. Not much teeth to it eh? This from a state that has higher fines for operating a snowmobile drunk or tying a dog to a stationary object for more than 3 hours. But hey, the weather is nice ;)

It seems they're about to add an amendment that if passed will prevent anyone under 18 or driving on other than a full license to use a phone at all. Called the "teen phone" amendment, it'll also take effect that same date.

List of all state regs for phone use: http://tinyurl.com/2xo7yq

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Here, driving and using a phone at the same time (excluding hands free kits), nets you a £150 fine and 3 penalty points on your license....

Sad to see this happen, we should all chip in $5 to help towards the cost of a replacement supra. After all the service he provides (online TSRM) is worth at least that much...

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I'm sorry to hear about your friend and his car. I hope he doesn't leave the supra community because it's people like him that keep it great, although I could definitely understand if he did.

Give him our best from everyone at supramania.

I hope things work out to the best degree.

-Shankar

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Alex91Mk3 said:
UMM... DID U TAKE ANY PICS FROM THE ACCIDENT?

Is this your first day on the Internet?

1. Don't quote a page an a half of text AND a photo to add one idiotic line.
  2. Posting in ALL CAPS is considered yelling. Please stop.
  3. The post (you know the one you quoted, so hopefully you read it) said that the guy who was in the accident was injured and isn't even the one posting this.
  4. Asking for wreck pictures is in poor taste at best.

Please get a clue.

Stevieboy

Jul 14, 2006
England
Kai said:
Here, driving and using a phone at the same time (excluding hands free kits), nets you a £150 fine and 3 penalty points on your license....

Sad to see this happen, we should all chip in $5 to help towards the cost of a replacement supra. After all the service he provides (online TSRM) is worth at least that much...

Only trouble is we don't have any police left to enforce it, ::dead horse:: but I'm sure they will soon have a cash machine, sorry camera, that can do it for them.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
Supracentral said:
Is this your first day on the Internet?

1. Don't quote a page an a half of text AND a photo to add one idiotic line.
  2. Posting in ALL CAPS is considered yelling. Please stop.
  3. The post (you know the one you quoted, so hopefully you read it) said that the guy who was in the accident was injured and isn't even the one posting this.
    [*]Asking for wreck pictures is in poor taste at best.

Please get a clue.

That's so true...a guy on S/F said his house caught fire, and an idiot asked for pictures after the guy said the upstairs was a total loss, and that they had to move to a hotel because of fire damage. Sorry about the car, and friend teacher.

Last edited: