935motorsports Slotted Rotor Set Reviews?

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
Poodles said:
*sigh*

the issue is the system throws too much heat into the brake fluid... a BBK has more mass in the rotor and keeps the heat out of the brake fluid

of course there are things people make called brake ducts and if you are overheating dot 4 brake fluid on the street then maybe its time for some actual brake fluid like super blue etc

i just dont see how you can overheat the stock brakes on the street i never had fade issues at the track if you want me to ill put some thermal paint on the caliper to check fluid temps if you dont belive me i really dont even think when i start in the race groups that the 40 minute races will warrant a BBK for me because ducting will make a world of difference as far as temps

all im saying is 20+ minutes lapping on a track threshold brakeing did not result in fade BUT i have ceramic pads in the front which dust alot and lost a ton of material over the course of the weekend so maybe metalics will overheat

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
I have some wagner ceramic pads and they do pretty well ..... However there are times when they did fade a little bit and my rotors where glowing red but this was after some really hard braking and stops from well over 100.

NeatOman

Never know enough!
Oct 5, 2006
Addison, IL
Thats why they stopped recommending them years back, now they recommend Organic since new organic pads are hard to fade and brake better (like green stuff). But if they fade you will have a shinny pad or worst a rotor. But! if you have organic pads with slotted rotors! You're GOOD! then the only thing better is flat rotors with Carbon/metallic pads (R4S) or straight Carbon Pads with flat rotors for the race days (there like 40-60 a pare).