935motorsports Slotted Rotor Set Reviews?

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
I searched, and i couldnt really find anything, and im in the market for a set of Rotors. I have a set of R4S pads on the car as it is, so i wanted something nice to go along with it, i was looking at the Powerslot Slotted Front rotors, and then i would just turn the backs at a local shop for 20 a pair. But then i came accross the 935 set of slotted rotors, i hate paying more just for a name... so i was just wondering if anybody else has bought them, did you like them? are they preforming as expected? do any 100mph+ stops?

If anybody could shed some light on these, it would be great.

Thanks,
Tanner

Here is the kit if you dont know what im talking about.

https://935motorsports.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=79_14_38_263

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Im just saying like 100 to like... 60, you know, for those emergency stops on the highway when the dumbass in the honda pulls a wtf move...

And i guess nobody has bought these then? i might just have to try them out...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
IMHO spending big bucks on the stock brakes isn't worth it...

stock replacement stuff without upgrades works about as best as it's going to get (the brake fluid takes the beating, upgrade to a better fluid), and save for a BBK...

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Its only an N/A, just wanted something a little better... especially once i get my FNOR1-C, brakes will have a ton of room to breathe...

and if i cant shave down 935's rotors after a year or two i'll probably just get powerslot for the front and oem for the back...

A BBK would be usable, IF i was going to go turbo in the future, but right now, im only doing little stuff... although i do love my 1-piece Driveshaft. haha. And if i wanted a turbo supra, i would go buy one turbo already.

Thanks for the info though, and your opinions. Its appreciated.

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
Well I have the Powerslot slotted Rotors on my car and frankly have never had such a good looking and well performing set.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
but that's a MKIV, they had the best brakes of the time, even better than the supercars of the time...

honestly the brakes are the single safety hazard on these cars IMHO. Toyota even noticed it and put larger brakes on the MKIV becuase of it...

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
I get what your saying, if there going to stop a turbo car, an MK3 or an MK4, then my stripped down, electric fan, non p/s, non a/c, non turbo supra should like the powerslot's. Plus i like the idea of being able to shave them down a little, i'll call up 935 on monday, and call up driftmotion, and see what they say...

What brake setup are you running? and the fluid?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
stock brakes and saving up for arz brakes...

I run DOT4 since the DOT is silicone based and requires a full flush, which isn't very easy on an ABS system...

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Rennat said:
If aaron would get back to me with a price i might have them soon. haha.

well i wouldent recomend brembo blanks Aaron has documented problems with them more then once.... and my price for powerslot is posted in my section... 140 for a pair.

find it cheaper..............:evil2:

Last edited:

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
Those ARZ brakes are rediculous. If you can afford the $1k for them I dare you to find a better stopping brake for the price. I think Andy's Z stops faster than it takes off, and that's insane

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
If i could afford the arz kit, i wouldnt have an N/A... hahahaha.
Im waiting on a bunch of PM's i sent out to some people about brakes... but i guess they dont work on sundays. or at 1am on saturday nights...

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Rennat said:
CK, your little link for the application guide doesnt work...
And you really sell a front set for 140? How much more for the cyro treated ones? let me know.
yea 140 all day long.....

i think cryo treating is 15 more each? ill call monday to find out.

And the ARZ kit is awesome. I havent ridden in his car, but the quality of his kits are amazing...

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
Our rotors are inexpensive because they are throw away when they are done. I don't believe you can resurface them.

I have been been waiting for someone to report to me that they warped a set, but I haven't heard that yet.

I have had a set on my daily driver for over a year.