'88 vs. Lotus Exige

kjj512

May 27, 2006
PA
When I went to Pocono Raceway for a track day there were about 15 to 20 Lotuses there. The only car I think there were more of at the track that day were Corvettes. The Lotuses also ranged from full track spec Exiges to daily driven Elises. They are quite a sight to watch when they race against cars that are much faster in the straights. The supercharged Z06's would get quite a few lengths on them before the first turn then by the 3rd the Lotus would be back on it. Theres also a guy about a block away from my house who dailies his Elise. I don't think he tracks it but I know he has owned other Lotuses in the past. I think most people who buy these cars do it because their fast not to look good. Those people buy more expensive cars that are much more comfortable if they want to waste money and look good.

Dominus1222

Jan 21, 2007
White Plains, N.Y.
I happen to work for Lotus, and have driven many elises, exiges, and esprits. And these cars haul ass. Especially the esprit a twin turbo v8. Just last week we received the new 08 model and those things are sick, they now come with launch control and variable traction control along with bigger brakes and a slew of other things.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
The P/W ratio of Exiges are pretty good, but even then, you probably could have won, but you didn't. :)

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
suprahero said:
He lost and he knows it, but I don't think YOU know that Waldo would so kick Chuck Norris' ass!!!

Nah I think Chuck Norris has found Waldo killed him and found a stand in to be his double. Did you know under Chuck Norris' beard its another fist? Haha I love lotus!

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Dominus1222 said:
I happen to work for Lotus, and have driven many elises, exiges, and esprits. And these cars haul ass. Especially the esprit a twin turbo v8. Just last week we received the new 08 model and those things are sick, they now come with launch control and variable traction control along with bigger brakes and a slew of other things.

Its a sad day when the british put traction control on a sports car...

Dominus1222

Jan 21, 2007
White Plains, N.Y.
Kangae said:
Its a sad day when the british put traction control on a sports car...
It's variable so when you don't want it turn it off! It's mostly for people who want to daily drive their lotus and have the comfort of traction control. Which i cant imagine why anyone would want as a daily driver, horrible ground clearance and teeth shattering stiffness.

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
IwantMKIII said:
he was lookin for trouble
just cuz he kept trying to pass? maybe he just wanted to get around you when you were going slower than he wanted to go? i mean, you were only going, what, 40mph? i'd be itching to pass you too. I'm not going to call anymore names, but if i was trying to pass someone going that slow and they punched it when i went around, i'd be pissed.
Look at it from the other guys view: guy driving slow in front of you, you keep looking over to pass but never get a chance, then when you finally get a chance to pass the guy punches it and tries to run you down.

Hell i'd have brake-checked your ass for that crap.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
flight doc89 said:
just cuz he kept trying to pass? maybe he just wanted to get around you when you were going slower than he wanted to go? i mean, you were only going, what, 40mph? i'd be itching to pass you too. I'm not going to call anymore names, but if i was trying to pass someone going that slow and they punched it when i went around, i'd be pissed.
Look at it from the other guys view: guy driving slow in front of you, you keep looking over to pass but never get a chance, then when you finally get a chance to pass the guy punches it and tries to run you down.

Hell i'd have brake-checked your ass for that crap.

:3d_frown: :3d_frown: :3d_frown: :3d_frown: :3d_frown: :3d_frown: :3d_frown: WOW, wtf, will someone plz "inform" this guy. We've been through this multiple times. and no i wasn't doing 40, if you actually read through the thread you would know how fast i was going and the circumstances of the situation.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
IwantMKIII said:
:3d_frown: :3d_frown: :3d_frown: :3d_frown: :3d_frown: :3d_frown: :3d_frown: WOW, wtf, will someone plz "inform" this guy. We've been through this multiple times. and no i wasn't doing 40, if you actually read through the thread you would know how fast i was going and the circumstances of the situation.

lol, i'm just not gonna say anything to him... i don't wanna be an "asshole" anymore by correcting him.

just admit to it. you were going under the speed limit, and you sped up when he tried to pass you. he was livin on the edge, so he continued to try to pass you while you both hit 100+. you're a dick for racing when he wanted to; sell your Supra.:sarcasm:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
87mgte said:
lol, i'm just not gonna say anything to him... i don't wanna be an "asshole" anymore by correcting him.

just admit to it. you were going under the speed limit, and you sped up when he tried to pass you. he was livin on the edge, so he continued to try to pass you while you both hit 100+. you're a dick for racing when he wanted to; sell your Supra.:sarcasm:

LOL :biglaugh: you caught me! :evil2:

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
IwantMKIII said:
been through this multiple times. and no i wasn't doing 40, if you actually read through the thread you would know how fast i was going and the circumstances of the situation.
IwantMKIII said:
he was almost in front of me before i even shifted adn hit boost in 3rd at 50MPH. like i said, he came from behind like a bat outta hell, i had no idea what car i was dealing with. oh well i guess
IwantMKIII said:
I waited for him. Finally he made his move at about a 45MPH roll. Stupid me puts it in 3rd gear thinking "eh, its a soltice, i can destroy him in third"....WRONG :aigo: .
Soooooo, third gear was too high, but you were going fifty? damn, what transmission is that? my turbo supra redlines 2nd gear at maybe 60....

If his 'move' was at a 45mph roll, then you were doing les than 45, yes?

All of this aside, props for being able to hang with the lotus, just try to avoid blocking passes like that plz. no good can come from it, and you risk the other drivers life and yours if a car comes over the next hill. i say your life is at risk because he might clip you trying to get back in right lane.
swaq said:
I don't think you'd want to brake-check in the world's best braking car that costs about $10k to fix if you impact something at 5 mph. Those fiberglass clams are expensive to replace.

mmm, you have good point...

Last edited:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
flight doc89 said:
Soooooo, third gear was too high, but you were going fifty? damn, what transmission is that? my turbo supra redlines 2nd gear at maybe 60....

If his 'move' was at a 45mph roll, then you were doing les than 45, yes?

All of this aside, props for being able to hang with the lotus, just try to avoid blocking passes like that plz. no good can come from it, and you risk the other drivers life and yours if a car comes over the next hill. i say your life is at risk because he might clip you trying to get back in right lane.

mmm, you have good point...

OK YA CAUGHT ME! :aigo: . I failed to mention my speedo is off, i forgot in the scheme of things. its off anywhere from 5-8MPH so i MAY or MAY NOT have been going slightly less than 45. But the fact remains, It was a heavily wooded area and deer were a concern before HE became my bigger concern. Not to mention its on a 45 MPH zone like i mentioned earlier. Regardless YES i COULDVE dropped to 2nd with speed to spare. REGARDLESS AGAIN, HE COULDVE WAITED TO TURN, HE PASSED AND TURNED ALMOST IMIDIATELY AFTER WE WERE DONE I HAD TO SLAM ON THE BRAKES SO HE COULD TURN, I MENTIONED THIS BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE COULDVE WAITED OR SIMPLY LET ME SPEED UP AND DROP BACK END OF STORY. HE WAS LOOKING FOR TROUBLE.

Im done with this now. don't ask anymore questions reguarding this, i will not answer them.

Last edited:

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
jesus, sounds like a waste of time explaining things. Someone have a rough day at work, or should i say internet bully?

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
IwantMKIII said:
OK YA CAUGHT ME! :aigo: . I failed to mention my speedo is off, i forgot in the scheme of things. its off anywhere from 5-8MPH so i MAY or MAY NOT have been going slightly less than 45. But the fact remains, It was a heavily wooded area and deer were a concern before HE became my bigger concern. Not to mention its on a 45 MPH zone like i mentioned earlier. Reguardless YES i COULDVE dropped to 2nd with speed to spare. REGUARDLESS AGAIN, HE COULDVE WAITED TO TURN, HE PASSED AND TURNED ALMOST IMIDIATELY AFTER WE WERE DONE I HAD TO SLAM ON THE BRAKES SO HE COULD TURN, I MENTIONED THIS BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE COULDVE WAITED OR SIMPLY LET ME SPEED UP AND DROP BACK END OF STORY. HE WAS LOOKING FOR TROUBLE.

Im done with this now. don't ask anymore questions reguarding this, i will not answer them.

If your car is at risk from deer, then the guy passing you should not be a bigger concern. I notice it tends to piss people off alot more when you refuse to race them than when you partake in dangerous nonsense, so he would just go home angry if you didnt race him. Also on a side note regardless does not contain the word guard.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Kangae said:
If your car is at risk from deer, then the guy passing you should not be a bigger concern. I notice it tends to piss people off alot more when you refuse to race them than when you partake in dangerous nonsense, so he would just go home angry if you didnt race him. Also on a side note regardless does not contain the word guard.

lol good call.

my concern for deer went out the window when i realized a race is about to go down and he started passing me, not the smartest thing to do ill admit but i just couldn't resist

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
flight doc89 said:
well you're a fucking asshole, kinda glad you lost. If someone wants to pass you, let them. don't hit the gas once they start coming around just cuz they didn't feel like sitting behind you all night. If you pissed that they are riding your ass, then LET THEM FUCKING PASS!!! Don't try to STOP THEM from passing. Thats like bitching when the dog bites you then putting your hand back in his mouth. its fucking stupid.

blah blah you lost. just cuz your car *might* have beaten him under best of circumstances doesnt mean you didn't lose.

This is why you don't speak until all the facts are told, YOU end up looking like the asshole.

BTW nice kill, sounds like boat versus yacht here.....waiting to see if anyone picks this up...:)

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
7Mboost said:
This is why you don't speak until all the facts are told, YOU end up looking like the asshole.

BTW nice kill, sounds like boat versus yacht here.....waiting to see if anyone picks this up...:)

lol, might get a tug or two, were in some pretty deep water out here :biglaugh: