'88 vs. Lotus Exige

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
flight doc89 said:
ok i went off too harshly, but it pisses me off to no end when someone tries to block a pass like that. its a good way to have an accident. i'll go as far as to say GJ keeping up, but there is no good reason to block a pass like that.

iwantmkiii said:
By about 100 he had to quickly turn off and i had to quickly slam on the brakes.

...? if the Lotus was just trying to kindly "pass" him, why would he have continued to get on it till they both reached 100+ mph? he could've just slowed down and not ridden the Supra's ass if he was turning off soon anyway.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
87mgte said:
...? if the Lotus was just trying to kindly "pass" him, why would he have continued to get on it till they both reached 100+ mph? he could've just slowed down and not ridden the Supra's ass if he was turning off soon anyway.

THANK YOU! I made that point before, obviously some other people didn't catch it.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Poodles said:
blah blah blah

you underestimated your opponent and lost

END
OF
STORY

NEVER underestimate, ALWAYS be in kill mode in a race. This is like the whole "I missed a shift" "it's too hot so the engine is pulling timing" "I'm not tuned for this gas" kind of excuses I hear all the time. You lose, don't make excuses, just learn and don't make the same mistake again...

you look at it your way ill look at it my way, all in the mean time making myself feel better lol :biglaugh: .

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
OneJoeZee said:
If he was in front of you when it was over, you lost.

/thread.
he was almost in front of me before i even shifted adn hit boost in 3rd at 50MPH. like i said, he came from behind like a bat outta hell, i had no idea what car i was dealing with. oh well i guess

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
AaronsSupraMKIII said:
Lotus gives me Wood! No shame losing to that. Staying up there is alot more than my lil Sup could do.

lol, no shame here at all. It just really irritates me that i could've done better and now ill never know (at least anytime soon), i mean its not like you see these cars everyday let alone get a chance to race one.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
IwantMKIII said:
he was almost in front of me before i even shifted adn hit boost in 3rd at 50MPH. like i said, he came from behind like a bat outta hell, i had no idea what car i was dealing with. oh well i guess

So, you lost because you were unprepared.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
OneJoeZee said:
So, you lost because you were unprepared.

first initial shift was way too slow on my part :3d_frown: partially cause i had to keep my eyes out for what's in front of me too (its a heavily wooded area in PA....deer country) and trying to keep tabs on him at the same time in my rear view. my biggest issue is me using 3rd under the impression it would "be no problem to beat him in this gear" thinking it was a soltice, im basically beating myself up about it still.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
See.. The same thing happened to me almost a while back. I was was driving and pulled up to a stop light, and right as i stopped it turned green and a honda going about 20-30 rolled past me and stomped on it, I didnt expect him to be there and I stomped on it too but I still pulled on him when I hit 3rd and by 4th he was 5 cars back. I see him around town and the guy ALWAYS gives me bad looks

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
^When I first got my supra, another local here who had just purchased an '04 RSX began to scowl at me, and we had gotten along fine til then. Maybe it is a gene thing like suprahero says...

And though you lost IwantMKIII, that must've been fun

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
87mgte said:
OK I see now the Lotus wanted to race SIDE BY SIDE on a two lane country road?
Just cuz the other guy is an asshole doesnt mean you have to be one.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
This thread is hilarious............Joe owns you Iwantmkiii..............:biglaugh:

Most of us on here have raced on the streets at one point or another. I know I've raced more than I should, but I do have that gene in my DNA. I'm not a flamer, and I wouldn't say anything on here that I wouldn't say to your face. You put up a gallant effort, but he was ahead so if you're keeping score at home, that's a loss. Next time (as stated earlier) don't underestimate your opponent. If you need to go to second, go to second. Don't just barely try to win, beat their ass. If you'd went to second, you could have ended the race earlier and not had to go to a hundred. That would have been safer for both of you. Most of the times when I race someone, I never even get out of third.........:evil2:

Good luck, and keep it between the ditches.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
quit the name calling. do we all wear big kid's clothes now? time to prove it. :nono:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
suprahero said:
This thread is hilarious............Joe owns you Iwantmkiii..............:biglaugh:
Most of us on here have raced on the streets at one point or another. I know I've raced more than I should, but I do have that gene in my DNA. I'm not a flamer, and I wouldn't say anything on here that I wouldn't say to your face. You put up a gallant effort, but he was ahead so if you're keeping score at home, that's a loss. Next time (as stated earlier) don't underestimate your opponent. If you need to go to second, go to second. Don't just barely try to win, beat their ass. If you'd went to second, you could have ended the race earlier and not had to go to a hundred. That would have been safer for both of you. Most of the times when I race someone, I never even get out of third.........:evil2:

Good luck, and keep it between the ditches.

i know and it sucks lol :cry: . ill stand by my excuses though as to why it turned out the way it did to make me feel better about it lol

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
flight doc89 said:
OK I see now the Lotus wanted to race SIDE BY SIDE on a two lane country road?
Just cuz the other guy is an asshole doesnt mean you have to be one.

side by side as opposed to racing one behind the other? lol
i didn't want any trouble and i'm not being an asshole. grow up.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
The original thread starter has taken all of this as a joke, so let's quit with the name calling and pissing contest and have a giant group hug. I'll be over between Vixen, DT, LilMiss,Tanya, and Suzie............:naughty:

Last edited: