'88 vs. Lotus Exige

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
suprahero said:
The original thread starter has taken all of this as a joke, so let's quit with the name calling and pissing contest and have a giant group hug. I'll be over between Vixen, DT, LilMiss,Tanya, and Suzie............:naughty:

lol, since i am the thread starter, make some room inbetween the other two/three...i need comforting from all this abuse ive been taking :biglaugh: .

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
Interesting thread. Though I don't agree with not letting someone pass, if he was cruising for a fight, he got one... and he won (sorry).
sm_photo_missing.jpg
Good death though.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Are you sure it was supercharged? There is a NA version of the Lotus Exige too which would out-accelerate you at the lower speeds but then lose steam up near 100 mph. In any case, the Elises/Exiges are not built for highway racing, but they'll tear you up on a closed circuit around the corners.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
swaq said:
Are you sure it was supercharged? There is a NA version of the Lotus Exige too which would out-accelerate you at the lower speeds but then lose steam up near 100 mph. In any case, the Elises/Exiges are not built for highway racing, but they'll tear you up on a closed circuit around the corners.

yeah, our Weight:HP ratio is about the same, so i would've let him in the dust if he was NA'd. TBO it happened so fast it didn't occur to me to listen. It wasn't on highway, it was a long straight back road.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Jaguar said:
Interesting thread. Though I don't agree with not letting someone pass, if he was cruising for a fight, he got one... and he won (sorry).
sm_photo_missing.jpg
Good death though.

LOL, ya got that right. He was definately cruising for a fight, i just wish i wouldve been better prepared, ie 2nd gear pull

Im not racing anyone now, i blew out my Turbo outlet hose for the second time today, 90miles away from my school :cry: . I was on I68 which means there were tons of mountains....ever try driving our cars with a huge boost leak 90 miles up mountains?? yeah not fun as i learned.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
i smoked a lotus once, on the highway, then we hit some corners, he got me there. Then when i thought i was still doing alright, i mean i pulled hard on the straights. As the car go past me half way through the second corner, i look over, and he, well he was a she. It was hot getting beat by a girl

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Yeah the lotus elise/exige has the 2zz motor tuned to different levels for each, and I think the exige has to be an exige s to be supercharged. And yes the 2zz is a toyota engine, its in the 7th gen celica gt-s and the corolla xrs and the matrix xrs I believe.

It sounds like a good race, doesnt seem like the best location but good job none the less. REally though these guys with the 2zz need to be taken down a peg imo, my cousin says his 7thgen celica will blow away my supra when he gets his fixed...well that was until I gave him a ride im my supra the other day, not sure how he feels now.

Yeah also I normally try and stick to 4 lane highways for my races, fortunatly most of the other people in the area do too.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
i believe you lost, its up to you to be ready. I also think that if someone is going to pass no matter the road if its double yellow lines who gives a fuck if you speed up or not? THEY are in the wrong period. Its the law, and i dont make it. (I am this guy who passes on double yellow on country roads when its safe) If he would have hit someone the cop would say its his fault for being over in a double yellow. The only exception to that law is of course, Chuck Norris. For he is the reason why Waldo is hiding...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
He lost and he knows it, but I don't think YOU know that Waldo would so kick Chuck Norris' ass!!!

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Kangae said:
REally though these guys with the 2zz need to be taken down a peg imo, my cousin says his 7thgen celica will blow away my supra when he gets his fixed...well that was until I gave him a ride im my supra the other day, not sure how he feels now.
Yeah, because the Lotus guys are always bragging about how they can beat us in a straight line... :sarcasm:

You should have said "guys with Celicas".

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Well guys with celicas are the only guys I know who brag about the 2zz all day long.

After all one time I saw this guy with a bright green exige at a car show who didnt know the difference between his cylinder head and his intake manifold. Probably much less that it was a 2zz...

Last edited:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Gotta love those guys who buy an expensive ass, nice car and no next to nothing about it except how to press the gas pedal, steer, shift, operate the AC, and talk on the cell phone (if you're really good, you can do all of these simultaneously) :3d_frown:

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
why would someone have to be an auto technician just to buy a nice car?

Anyway... Iwantmkiii, you also have to realize that you may have been able to beat him if you shifted better, but he also may not have been giving it his all either. Anytime I used to pull on a car I would realy only give it enough to beat them. So the only way to know who is faster is to find another lotus.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Well SS5K, I can see where he's coming from.

starscream5000 said:
Gotta love those guys who buy an expensive ass, nice car and no next to nothing about it

:)

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Didn't say they had to know how to do maintenance on it, just be aware of what's in the car.

That's how I've always decided on what I want to buy as far as cars go, and just about anything else for that matter ;)

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Most the people on the Lotus forum I'm on know the Elise/Exige has the 2ZZ engine. I get the impression that very few talk on their cell phones while driving. Their is a good portion who take their car to the track regularly (non-dragstrip).